AS YOUR BOOTY BEEN REFUSING TO SHOW UP TO THE HOTTEST EVENTS THIS YEAR? CHECK OUT MY 15 MINUTE BOOTY BLASTER FITNESS ROUTINE.
Has your booty been refusing to show up to the hottest events this year. I know mine has! If repetitive squats and holds aren’t your thing…I highly recommend spin class! It’s so much fun and they don’t call it bicycle booty for nothing. The music is great and an hour goes by super fast. Yelp studios in your area. Yelp has been my savior. People give honest reviews so you can really get a feel for where to go and who’s class to take.
I’ve learned through my yoga practice that small movements and holds are much more effective at toning and building strength as well as being safer on knees, joints and the lower back. Like the majority of people, I prefer shorter workouts, unless I am in a class atmosphere, such as yoga or spin. So, I’ll always set you guys up with really short and effective work-outs; quality not quantity. You will also notice my sequences are set to time intervals instead of rep’s.you do the BEST you can and build from there.
LETS GET STARTED!!
EXERCISE: KNEE TAPS IN DEEP LUNGE
1. Start with feet together and step back to a deep lunge, bringing the thigh to your bent leg parallel to the floor
2. Make sure your knee is lined up with your ankle
3. Pull your front hip bones up so that your hips are not collapsing onto your front thigh and your not arching in your low back
4. Slowly with control gently tap your back knee to the floor and return to low lunge
5. Do as many taps as you can in 30 seconds…repeat other side. Both sides 3 times
*Modify with holding for 30 seconds in a deep lunge
EXERCISE: SUPPORTED WARRIOR 3
1. Stand facing the wall, press your hands against the wall at hip level and walk out till your body is parallel with the floor.
2. Lift your left leg till it is parallel with the floor, press down through your planted foot.
3. Trick to this pose is to have your hips neutral and to keep from dipping into your low back, during your 30 second hold.
4. So once your leg is lifted, lightly pull your front hip bones up toward your lower ribs. (You should feel your stomach contract/tighten)
5.Now look back at your elevated foot. Make sure your toes are pointing toward the floor.
6. Hold for 30 seconds, repeat other side, repeat both sides 3 times.
EXERCISE: SUPPORTED SQUAT PART 1
1. I like to use a doorknob for these, chairs tip over and for this you really need to be supported. Note: if you are using a doorknob that turns, PLEASE LOCK THE DOOR SO THE DOOR DOESN’T COME FLYING OPEN!!!
2. Grasp the door knob and sit back into a seated pose as if a chair was under you. Thighs completely parallel to floor.
3. The first motion is to squat down to the floor as far as you can, keeping your legs engaged which is usually about a foot above the floor. If your legs relax you’ve squatted down to far
4. Return to parallel and repeat as many as you can for 30 seconds
EXERCISE: SUPPORTED SQUAT PART 2
1. Grasp the door knob and sit back into a seated pose as if a chair was under you. Thighs completely parallel to floor.
2. Start to straighten your legs till you are almost standing legs still engaged. If your legs start to relax you’ve gone to far so lower back down…reference my image.
3. Return to your seated position and repeat for 30 seconds.
4. Take advantage of door knob and squeeze, squeeze, squeeze your booty and legs the whole time
EXERCISE: SHAKE YOUR BUM-BUM/ FLOOR HIP PULSE
1. Come to a kneeling position
2. Hoover your booty up off your calves a few inches and hold
3. Stay hoovering and pulse your hips forward tucking at the waist as you push your arms forward.
4. Bring your hips back and continue..shake your bum-bum FORWARD, BACK, FORWARD BACK…for 30 second.
5. Yes!!! it should feel like a dance in a Ricky Martin video..return to kneeling after the 30 seconds. Repeat 3 times.
EXERCISE: JUMP TUCKS
1. Time for some cardio fun! Stand with your hands at your sides
2. Use your arms as momentum to jump tucking your knees to your chest
3. Land with bent legs and return to stand.
4. Do as many as you can in 30 seconds. Repeat 3 times. CARDIO BLAST!!!
EXERCISE: SQUAT HOLDS AND TOE LIFTS
1. Hands on hips, come to a wide leg stance.
2. Squat down till your thighs are parallel to the floor. If your knees go over your toes you need to widen your stance. Knees should be directly above ankles.
3. Direct your sit bones to the floor to take the arch out of low back and HOLD for 30 seconds..
4. Stay down in your squat and lift one heel off floor and HOLD for 30 seconds.
5. Return heel to floor and lift other heel and HOLD for 30 seconds..
6. Return that heel to floor.and the lift both heels up, balancing on your tip toes for 30 seconds and HOLD.
7. Phew!!! that’s a doozy…because I love you..repeat 3 times.
MODIFY FOR A MORE DIFFICULT CHALLENGE BY HOLDING A WEIGHT! MY WEIGHT OF CHOICE IS ONE OF MY CHUBBIER DOGS..haha..KIDDING:)
UNTIL NEXT TIME STAY VIVAFIT!!!
& PRINCESS BUTTERCUP