The great thing about a slow cooker or crockpot is that you can dump the ingredients in it. Once you press start, you don’t have to monitor it from time to time. You can continue with your daily tasks. Once you’re done with your chores, you’ll have a healthy vegan meal waiting to be served. A bonus is that there are tons of healthy vegan crockpot recipes you can make. Aside from being nutritious, they are also rich in flavor.
A. Vegetable Soup
A vegetable soup is a great choice when the temperature is low. Aside from making you feel warm, it will also delight your taste buds.
To make this crockpot vegan recipe, you’ll need the following ingredients:
2 tablespoon olive oil
2 medium carrots (chopped)
1 medium white or yellow onion (chopped)
4 cloves garlic (minced)
3 stalks celery (chopped)
1 teaspoon thyme (fresh)
1/2 teaspoon oregano (dried)
2 bay leaves
1/2 cup parsley (chopped)
2 cans chickpeas (15 ounces, drained)
1 cup quinoa (dried)
12 cups vegetable broth
1. The first step in making this delicious vegan crockpot recipe is to sauté the celery, carrots, and onion with the garlic in a pan for about 10 minutes. Afterward, you can transfer them to the crockpot.
2. The next step is to add the broth and herbs (bay leaves, oregano, and thyme) to the pot and let it boil. Once the broth is boiling, you can now add the quinoa. From there, you can cover the pot until the quinoa is cooked properly.
3.When you’re ready to serve this delicious vegetable soup, you can add chickpeas. Additionally, you can also garnish the soup with some parsley.
B. Sweet Potato Stew with Black Beans and Quinoa
The Sweet Potato Stew is a good choice if you’re searching for a vegan crockpot recipe with a southwestern flavor. Aside from being delicious, it is also filled with healthful ingredients.
The ingredients for this delicious sweet potato stew are:
4 cups or 2 small-sized sweet potato (cubes)
1 cup red onion (diced)
1 can corn (11 ounces, drained)
1 can black beans (19 ounces, drained and rinsed)
1 can diced tomatoes
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon chili powder
2 tablespoons cumin
2/3 cup quinoa
4 to 5 cups vegetable stock
2 tablespoons lime juice
1. The first step in making this healthy vegan crockpot recipe is to place all the ingredients in a crockpot or slow cooker.
2. Afterward, you can set the pot on low if your want to cook it for six hours. You can also use the high setting if you want your stew to be cooked in about three hours.
3. When you’re ready to serve the stew, you can add two tablespoons of lime juice. This delicious potato stew can be served with bread and vegan cheese.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: