Comfort foods are not only satisfying and delicious. They can also uplift your mood when you’re feeling down. The best part is that everyone can enjoy their favorite comfort foods, including vegans. Today, tons of plant-based recipes will make you feel better and more satisfied while also tasting amazing. So, here are some of the best vegan comfort foods that are too good to be true.
Creamy Mac and Cheese
At first glance, you may think that this mac and cheese recipe is made of cheese. However, its sauce is made with vegetables. Even so, it still has a “cheesy” flavor that will delight your taste buds.
2 2/3 cups macaroni (dried)
1 cup potatoes (diced)
1/4 cup carrots (diced)
1/4 cup coconut milk
1/3 cup onion (chopped)
1/2 cup cashews (raw)
2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1 or more teaspoon salt
1 pinch paprika
1 pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
1. The first step in cooking this delicious comfort food is to cook the macaroni in salted water for about six to eight minutes. You can follow the instruction indicated on the product’s package.
2. The next step is to boil several cups of water in a pot. Afterward, you can place the diced carrots, potatoes, and onions in the pot. Allow the boiling water to cook the veggies for 10 minutes. Ideally, the veggies should be soft so that you can blend them easily.
3. Once the veggies are soft, you can now put them in the blender. Before blending, you should add the other ingredients, along with 3/4 cup of the cooking water.
4. After blending, the next step is to place the macaroni in a baking dish. Afterward, you can pour the sauce over the macaroni and sprinkle some bread crumbs. Finally, you have to bake the macaroni for about 15 minutes at a temperature of 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
One of the best vegan comfort foods you can make is chili fries. Aside from being delicious, this recipe is also surprisingly good for your health.
1 cup quinoa (dried)
1 cup water
1 can kidney beans (15 oz.)
1 can black beans (15 oz.)
2 cans diced tomatoes (15 oz.)
1 can tomato paste (6 oz.)
2 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoon chili powder
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon red pepper (flakes)
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
5 cloves garlic (chopped)
8 pieces green onions (chopped)
1 poblano pepper (chopped)
1 red bell pepper (chopped)
2 tablespoon red wine
1 tablespoon maple syrup
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 small potatoes or 1 medium potato
1/2 teaspoon olive oil
A few pinches of garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, cayenne pepper, chili powder, and black pepper
1. The first step in making this delicious comfort food is to cook the quinoa according to the instructions indicated in the package.
2. Afterward, you can combine the oil and seasonings (black pepper, red pepper, cumin, paprika, and chili powder) in a large pan. Then, you have to heat the pan over low fire for about two to three minutes.
3. The next step is to add the onions and garlic to the pan and sauté for about five minutes. Then, add the pepper and sauté for another five minutes over medium heat.
4. Afterward, you can now add the cooked quinoa and sauté for another three to four minutes. Then, add the other ingredients and simmer for a couple of minutes over low heat.
1. Preheat the oven at about 465 degrees Fahrenheit. While preheating, you can prepare a cookie sheet with a cooking spray of reusable liners.
2. The next step is to cut the potatoes, about 1/2 inch thick. Then, you can combine the seasonings and oil in a bowl and combine the potatoes.
3. Lastly, you have to bake the potatoes for about 10 to 12 minutes. Then, flip the potatoes and bake for another 5 to 10 minutes.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: