Even though arm exercises are not quite as popular as other exercises, women should still include them in their workout routines. Remember, strengthening your biceps and triceps will not only enable you to lift heavy objects with ease. Well-toned arm muscles also look great when you’re wearing halters, tank tops, and sleeveless dresses. So, what are the best arm exercises for women?
1. Arm Circles
One of the simplest arm exercises you can do to strengthen your shoulders and arms is arm circles. Even though you don’t need any equipment for this exercise, it can tone your arm muscles effectively.
1. This exercise begins with a standing position, and your feet should be shoulder-width apart. Then, extend your arms to your sides, forming a letter T.
2. Afterward, rotate your arms slowly, making forward circles that are about one foot in diameter. You can repeat this procedure 15 times.
3. After doing forward circles, the next step is to rotate your arms in a reverse direction. You can rotate your arms in the opposite direction 15 times.
4. For the best results, you can do three sets of this exercise.
2. Bicep Curls
Bicep curls are one of the best arm exercises for women because they are simple yet effective. Even though this activity requires dumbbells, you can use household items, like water bottles, for this exercise.
1. You can begin this exercise by standing straight while holding a dumbbell. When standing, your feet should be hip-width apart.
2. When holding the dumbbells, you have to make sure that your palms are facing inward. Then, bend your elbows while keeping your upper arms still. Afterward, you can slowly bring your arms to your chest. In doing this, you have to make sure that your elbows are in contact with the sides of your body.
3. Finally, extend your elbows to return to the starting position. For best results, you can repeat this exercise for 40 seconds.
A pushup is one of the best arm exercises for women because it will not only effectively tone your triceps but your core and upper body as well. The best part is that you don’t need any equipment to do this exercise.
1. The first step to do a pushup is to lie on the floor. Your stomach should be facing the floor. Additionally, your hands should be shoulder-width apart, and your toes should be on the ground.
2. The next step is to brace your legs and core, then slowly lower your upper body to the floor until your chest is above the floor.
3. From there, the next step is to raise your upper body back to the starting position.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: