It can be hard to find a good vegan dessert sometimes. Some of the best sweets are baked with eggs and filled with cream. Luckily, in our vegan society, so many of our favorite desserts can now easily be made with a vegan recipe and taste almost exactly the same. Some even taste more delicious than their egg-and-cream-filled counterparts.
We have found the best vegan dessert recipe by Vegan Sweetss. Find here below a recipe for a vegan lavender-infused pudding tart with shortbread crust.
𝑹 𝑬 𝑪 𝑰 𝑷 𝑬
Ingredients to make the crust:
- 1 3/4 cup regular flour
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 100 gram regular / dairy-free butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
Ingredients to make the filling:
- 2 cups soy milk
- 2 tbsp culinary lavender buds
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 8 grams dry blue butterfly pea flower
- 1 tsp agar agar powder
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 2 tsp beetroot powder
Recipe to make the crust:
- Place all ingredients in a food processor, pulse until everything is incorporated.
- Transfer dough to desired tart pan, press the dough firmly to the side and bottom of the pan, shape it well.
- Once done, store it in the chiller for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, preheat your oven to 175 degrees Celsius.
- Right before baking, pierce all over the bottom of the crust with a fork.
- Then bake it for 20-25 minutes or until the edges become golden brown.
- Remove it from the oven and let it cool on the wire rack while you make the filing.
Recipe to make the filling:
- Add soy milk to a small saucepan over low heat.
- Heat until it starts to simmer, turn the heat off and add in lavender buds.
- Let it steep for 15-20 minutes.
- Strain the lavender buds out then add in all other ingredients except beetroot powder and coconut cream.
- Cook mixture on medium low heat for about 20 minutes (stirring constantly).
- When the mixture is turned blue, turn the heat off and add in coconut cream and beetroot powder.
- Mix well.
- Strain mixture thru fine mesh shift when pour it over cooled tart shell.
- Store it in the fridge for couple of hours before serving.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: