Most barbecue recipes focus on meat. Even so, vegans can still have fun during their fall cookouts because there are various meat-free barbecue recipes. In fact, there are numerous plant-based dishes that you can prepare this fall. To give you a better view, here are some of the best vegan barbecue recipes you can grill this fall.
A. Vegan BBQ Ribs
BBQ ribs are a tasty dish. Unfortunately, it is not plant-based. Still, there is a vegan alternative for this appetizing food. Instead of using meat, you can use seitan. It is a meat alternative made of wheat.
To prepare this vegan spin of BBQ ribs, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 1 cup wheat gluten
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- Freshly grind black pepper
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp liquid smoke
- 3/4 cup vegetable broth (low-sodium)
- 1 cup vegan barbecue sauce
1. The first step in making the delicious vegan recipe is to preheat your oven to about 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Afterward, you can prepare an 8×8 baking dish by greasing it lightly.
2. While preheating your oven, you can now prepare the seitan. To do this step, you need a medium-sized bowl. Then, mix the wheat gluten, smoked paprika, nutritional yeast, garlic powder, onion powder, and black pepper in the bowl.
3. The next step is to mix and whisk the vegetable broth, liquid smoke, soy sauce, and peanut butter in a measuring cup. Then, pour the mixture into the bowl with dry ingredients. Afterward, stir all the ingredients until a soft dough is formed. From there, you have to knead the dough for two to three minutes using your hands.
4. After kneading, the next step is to transfer the dough to the greased baking dish. In doing this, you have to make sure that you flatten the dough so that it is evenly spread. Aside from that, you should also cut the dough lengthwise and crosswise to make 1-inch slices.
5. After cutting the dough with a knife, place the dough in the oven, then bake it for about 25 minutes.
6. While baking, you can prepare your grill.
7. After 25 minutes, you can remove the seitan from the oven, then brush it with barbecue sauce. Place the side with the barbecue sauce on the grill, then brush more barbecue sauce on the opposite side.
8. When the side with the barbecue sauce is already brown (after about five to six minutes), flip the seitan and grill the other side until it is brown.
9. Finally, serve the seitan with additional barbecue sauce.
B. Sweet Potato Steaks
One of the best vegan barbecue recipes you can cook this fall is the sweet potato steak. This dish is not only flavorful but nutritious as well.
To make this appetizing vegan recipes, you’ll need the following ingredients:
Sweet Potato Steak
- 3 sweet potatoes
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- Black pepper (pinch)
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 clove garlic (small), minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil (extra virgin)
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Sea salt (pinch)
1. The first step in making this delicious dish is to cut the sweet potato into half (lengthwise), then slice it again into another half to make wedges.
2. Afterward, you have to dip the sweet potatoes in the avocado oil, then sprinkle some salt and pepper.
3. The next step is to grill the sweet potatoes on medium to high heat for about five to seven minutes. Then, flip the sweet potatoes, then grill the other side for another five to seven minutes.
4. While grilling, you can prepare the drizzle by mixing cilantro, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, and sea salt.
5. After grilling the sweet potatoes, place the cilantro drizzle on top.
All in all, these are some of the best vegan barbecue recipes you can cook this fall. As you can see, vegans can still grill without using meat. The best part is that these vegan dishes are not only delicious but nutritious as well.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: