As you know, there are a lot of fall fruits and vegetables that are healthy and delicious. Some of them, like pumpkin seeds, can be made into healthy vegan snacks. To give you a better view, here are some of the best vegan snacks for fall.
The Best Vegan Snacks for Fall
1. Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
Aside from being healthy, roasted pumpkin seeds are also delicious. In fact, this crunchy food is great if you’re looking for a vegan and gluten-free snack that is loaded with nutrients. Unfortunately, some people may have problems digesting this seed. If you are one of them, it is best to soak and boil your pumpkin seeds before roasting.
Before roasting your pumpkin seeds, it is best to clean and towel-dry them. As mentioned, if you experience digestive problems when eating this seed, it is vital to soak or boil the seeds.
- The first step in roasting pumpkin seeds is to preheat your oven to about 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- While preheating your oven, you can prepare the pumpkin seeds. To do this, you can line your baking sheet with parchment paper. Then toss and spread the pumpkin seeds on the baking sheet. Before tossing, you can season the seeds with some oil, seasoning, and salt.
- After preheating your oven, you can now place the baking sheet in the oven and roast the seeds for about 20 to 30 minutes. Keep in mind that it is vital to still the seeds every 10 minutes.
- After 20 to 30 minutes, you can remove the baking sheet from the oven and allow the seeds to cool. Remember, the seeds may be chewy after roasting, but they will become crunchy once cooled.
2. Almond and Cranberry Energy Balls
One of the best vegan snacks for fall is the almond and cranberry energy bites. As its name implies, these energy balls are not only delicious. They can also help energize and nourish your body.
- 1/3 Cup Almonds (chopped)
- 1/3 Cup Cranberries
- 1 Cup Rolled Oats
- 1/3 Cup Coconut (shredded)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1/4 Cup Maple Syrup
- The first step in making this healthy and delicious recipe is to make the dough. You can do this by adding oats, almonds, cranberries, coconut, salt, vanilla, and maple syrup to the food processor’s bowl. Afterward, you can blend all the ingredients until the mixture is sticky. In doing this step, you have to scrape the sides of the bowl when necessary.
- After blending, the next step is to place the dough in the refrigerator and chill it for about 20 minutes.
- After chilling, you can scoop dough and roll it into a ball (1 inch). You can use a measuring spoon (1 tablespoon) for this step.
- To make sure that the dough is not sticky, you can also roll it in almond flour or shredded coconut. From there, you can now enjoy the sweet and delicious taste of this healthy fall snack.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: