After you have rid yourself of those nasty split ends by cutting them off, home remedies are a great way to improve the overall health of your hair.
- MAYONNAISE: Mayonnaise works as a deep conditioner. It should be applied on hair and combed through. Focus on mid to ends of the hair. Put a hair cap on for twenty minutes and wash. This can be done twice a week.
- EGG: Take the yolk of an egg and beat it with five tablespoons of heated olive oil. Massage into hair, comb through, and wear a hair cap for one hour and then wash away. This can be used once a week.
- HONEY AND CURD: Take a half cup of curd and mix it with a tablespoon of honey. Beat it, and apply to hair, and wear a hair cap. Leave on for twenty minutes and wash.
- OLIVE OIL: Olive oil works as a deep conditioner. Heat up oil in the microwave for twenty seconds, massage throughout your hair, comb through and use a hair cap. Let it sit in your hair for one hour, then wash. This can be used once a week for dry hair and once every three weeks for normal hair.
- BEER: Beer works as a conditioner. Take a can of beer and work it through your hair. Leave it in for 45 minutes and wear a
hair cap. Make sure to wash well so you don’t smell like a drunk.
- COCONUT OIL, WALNUT OIL, ALMOND OIL: Heat up oils in the microwave for twenty seconds and massage oils into hair. Comb through, wear a hair cap, and leave oils in for 45 minutes, then wash. Use once every two weeks.
- PAPAYA: Papaya contains amino acids and protein which can help to make hair strong. Mash up a ripe papaya and mix with five spoons of mayonnaise. Then apply to hair and wear a hair cap. Leave in for 45 minutes, then wash. This can be used once every three to five weeks, depending on how damaged the hair is.
- AVOCADO AND EGG: Avocado contains fatty acids which can make dry hair feel softer. Mash up a ripe avocado with an egg yolk and five tablespoons of olive oil. Apply to hair and wear a hair cap for twenty minutes, then wash. This can be used twice a week.
- BANANA AND EGG: Mash up a ripe banana and an egg yolk, and mix well. This hair treatment is used as a hair mask. Apply to hair and wear a hair cap. Leave it in for twenty minutes, then wash. This can be done once a month.
Ladies, you can’t get any more natural than this! I hope one of these home hair remedies can help prevent those nasty split ends and dry or chemically damaged hair from happening. Please remember when washing your hair, finish rinsing your hair with cold water to close the cuticles of your hair, leaving hair smooth and shiny. If you have any questions, please leave a comment, or contact me at [email protected] Hair by Angelica Curiel