Preparing your own meals can provide numerous perks. For one, it ensures that your food is safely prepared. Plus, it is cheaper than ordering from a restaurant. Fortunately, there are a lot of simple yet delicious recipes. You can try these refreshing vegan summer recipes if you’re looking for a light yet filling summer dish. The best part is that you can prepare these dishes in a couple of minutes.
Zucchini boats are simple yet delicious foods you can prepare in about 30 minutes. The recipe has a Mexican-inspired filling that will satisfy your taste buds.
- 4 zucchinis (medium-sized)
- 1 1/5 cups black beans (cooked)
- 1 tbsp olive oil (extra virgin)
- 1 red bell pepper (diced)
- 1 red onion (diced)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin (ground)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup tahini (raw)
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric (for coloring)
1. The first step in making this delicious vegan summer recipe is to preheat your oven to 350 F. Then, you can prepare the zucchini by slicing it in half (lengthwise). Afterward, you have to scoop the seeds to create a crevice for the filling. From there, you can place the zucchinis on a baking pan and bake them for about 20 minutes or until they are very tender.
2. While baking, you can now prepare the black bean filling. First, you can put the olive oil in a skillet and heat it over medium to high. Then, add the pepper and onion and sauté for five minutes or until they soften. Afterward, add the garlic and sauté for one minute.
3. The next step is to add the black beans, chili powder, salt, and cumin to the skillet. You have to stir until all the ingredients are heated. Afterward, you can turn off the heat, set aside the filling, and wait until the zucchini are baked.
4. Now, you can prepare the tahini sauce. To make the sauce, you have to put all the ingredients in a bowl and stir until the mixture is creamy. You can adjust the amount of seasoning according to your preferences.
5. The last step is to assemble the zucchini boats. First, you have to fill the half zucchini with black bean filling. Then, drizzle a generous amount of tahini sauce on top of the filling. Finally, you can garnish the zucchini boats with fresh cilantro.
Chilled Cucumber Soup
During summer, the afternoon heat can be annoying and unbearable. Fortunately, you can cool down with this simple yet delicious chilled cucumber soup. It’s light, refreshing, and flavorful.
- 5 cucumbers (chopped)
- 2 onions (diced)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 1/2 cups broth (vegetable)
- 1 cup soy milk
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup fresh dill (chopped)
- Freshly ground black pepper
1. The first step in making this refreshing vegan summer recipe is to place the vegetable oil in a large pan and heat it over a medium setting. Afterward, you can add the garlic, onions, and cucumber into the pan. Heat the ingredient for about six minutes or until the onions are transparent.
2. The next step is to put the broth into the pan and let it simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until the cucumbers are soft.
3. Afterward, you can now place the mixture in a food processor or blender. Then, you can blend the mixture until it is smooth. In doing this step, you need to be careful because steam will expand inside the blender, causing the ingredients to splatter or cause burns. As a prevention, you can fill the blender up to one-third and cover it with a kitchen towel while you blend the ingredients. After blending, you can season the soup with ground black pepper and fresh dill.
4. The next step is to place the mixture in the fridge and chill for a couple of minutes. Once the soup is cool, you can add the soy milk and serve.