A curling iron can curl your hair in a couple of minutes. However, the heat can damage your strands. The good news is that there are other ways to get curls without using this tool. Remember, hair curling has been done by women for centuries despite a curling iron having only been around for less than two hundred years. For decades women created perfect curls with styling tools like hair pins and rollers. To give you a better view, here are some ways to curl your hair without a curling iron.
Braiding is a simple technique to create wavy hair. In fact, it is a recommended method for those who want to get gorgeous beach waves.
To braid your hair, you’ll need the following materials:
- Hair ties
1. The first step in braiding is to wash your hair. Afterward, air dry your strands to about 70%.
2. Once your hair is 70% dry, the next step is to part it into two. Then, braid each side.
3. You can do regular braids if you want to have curls at the end of your hair. However, boxer braids or French braids are recommended if you want waves beginning from your roots.
4. When braiding, you have to make sure to tighten the braids to avoid frizzy hair.
5. Once your tresses are completely dry, you can now untie the braids. You can also sleep with the braids and undo them once you wake up.
6. Finally, you can apply hairspray to your hair to hold the waves.
B. Use Velcro Rollers
One of the most common ways to curl your hair without a curling iron is to use Velcro rollers. As you know, this styling tool can add volume and body to your tresses. You can use smaller rollers if you want tight curls. On the other hand, larger rollers are preferred if you want big waves.
To curl you hair using Velcro rollers, you’ll need the following materials:
- Velcro rollers
1. The first step in curling your hair with Velcro rollers is to dampen your hair. You can also wash your hair and use a volumizing shampoo.
2. Afterward, you can remove the excess water on your hair with a towel.
3. Then, you can roll your hair with the Velcro roller. Remember, women with thick hair should section their hair before rolling. Those with fine hair can skip the sectioning.
4. When using Velcro rollers, you have to make sure that you’re rolling upwards towards your scalp. Then, you should secure each roll with a hairpin. In some cases, the roller will not stick properly. If this happens, it means that the section you’re rolling is thick.
5. To create perfect curls, you have to keep your strand rolled for a few hours. While waiting, you can relax and apply your makeup.
6. Finally, the last step is to remove the rollers. Then, you can apply hairspray after finger-combing your tresses.
All in all, these are some of the ways to curl your hair without a curling iron. As presented, these alternative methods would require some time. However, you can create flawless curls or waves without damaging your strands.