For many of us, Labor Day is spent with family and friends celebrating the holiday with a backyard barbecue. This year, why not try a vegan or vegetarian cook out? It is a fun, easy and healthy alternative to traditional barbeque and your guests will love these tasty dishes!
- Kabobs – Kabobs will look like a rainbow with purple potatoes, red bell peppers, onions, tomatoes, carrots and yellow squash.
Marinate in olive oil, rosemary and thyme for a tasty treat!
- Tofu and tempeh – Barbeque tofu and tempeh steaks on the grill and baste in teriyaki sauce for an Asian flair!
- Fruit on the Grill – Did you know you can put fruit such as peaches, pineapple and watermelon on the grill for a mouthwatering and refreshing side dish? Add one scoop of vanilla ice cream on the side and you’ve got dessert!
- Burgers – Who says burgers have to be made from meat? Why not try portabello mushroom sliders, lentil burgers and pulled jackfruit instead?
These yummy alternatives provide a hearty substitute to beef!
- Sides – No barbeque is complete without fresh corn on the cob, potato salad, pasta salad, cold asparagus and a light fruit salad! And don’t forget ice cold watermelon with a slight sprinkle of salt, mmmm good!