Hot girl summer is here! Beaches, pool parties, vacations, tanning… so many summertime activities that give you the perfect opportunity to show off your cute bikini and relax at the same time!
But if the thought of going out in a bikini scares you, you’re not alone. A lot of women are insecure about their bodies. Use these tips to help you feel more confident and look better:
- Eating healthy and treating your body right is more important than having rock-hard abs. Remember ladies, perfection doesn’t exist. Making healthy choices that benefit your body and taking care of yourself makes you beautiful, even in a swimsuit.
- Most bikini bottoms are made of cheap or stringy elastic that digs into our skin and makes the surrounding parts bulge out. This is why it’s better to buy bottoms that are seamless and double lined. They fit perfectly without the bulges.
- Consider wearing some light and drapey jewelry, like a charm bracelet or an anklet. They’ll highlight the parts of your body you’re confident about and make you feel feminine at the same time.
- If you’re not keen on jewelry, you could also dab body glitter or glistening lotion on those areas to look and feel sparkly.
- If you feel self-conscious in a bikini, don’t worry. Cover-ups were made for this! A sheer cover up or drape can make you look alluring and hide the parts of your body that make you insecure. Sarong skirts are also a great option!
- While looking cute is a big factor in purchasing a bikini, comfort should be a bigger one. That’s why it’s important to try them on and only buy those tops which support your breasts. As a rule, avoid triangular and halter bikini tops because they never provide enough support and cut your armpit in half! And who wants that?
- When it comes to a flattering silhouette, a bikini bottom that’s high-cut as well as high-wasted looks the best on most women, regardless of their weight or shape. Even better if they’re dark and monochrome!
- Asymmetrical, plunge or one-shoulder bikini tops are the most flattering. Wear them with a high cut bottom, and you’ve got a winning combination.
- If you’re buying a bikini without trying it on, remember to pick ones that are longer because at least 4 inches can be accounted for by most female bodies. After all, you don’t want to end up with one that shows everything!
- Horizontal stripes, small prints and embellishments (frills, beads) add more width to your body whereas vertical stripes, dark colors and big prints make you look relatively smaller. Depending on the look you’re going for, you can buy the bikini accordingly.
After a year of working so hard, you could do with a trip to the beach or a dip in the pool. And look gorgeous! Happy summer! 🙂
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: