To make your wedding extra special, there are various things that you should consider. Beyond your cake, wedding dress, and venue, there’s one crucial element that you mustn’t overlook: your wedding flowers
From bouquets to centerpieces and more, a lot of lovely touches can be added to your wedding flower designs. Even though it can be tricky to choose the right wedding flowers for your floral arrangements, fortunately, there are several options that you can choose from.
Whether you’re just getting started with your wedding plans or you want to make your wedding stand out, knowing some of the best wedding flower trends for 2021 may come in handy. Below are some of them:
Minimalism has been a major thing this year. This elegant wedding flower trend favors utility over spectacle. It’s also more on muted and neutral shades over bold and big bright tones.
If you’re the type of person who loves minimalism, you can apply this to your wedding floral arrangements. You can use fewer flowers to give a sleek and nice effect to your floral designs on your wedding day.
2. Modern Mashups
Do you want to experiment with wedding flowers? If you want to give your wedding arrangements a great modern spin, take advantage of the textures.
To give flowers a chic look, you can combine and match up the flowers of various textures and sizes, then feel free to play with colors. For instance, wispy and long flowers and branches, like lavender and pussy willows, may be paired with carnations, hydrangeas, and more. Depending on your preferences, choose the combination that works with you best.
3. Warm Hues
If your wedding will take place in the middle of summer, but you love the color of the fall season, thankfully, another wedding flower trend for 2021 that you shouldn’t miss is warm hues.
The warm and cozy tones are back, and it can be a great choice when it comes to your wedding flowers. To make your big day feel like an ultimate getaway to fall season, you can think of terracotta, mustard, magenta, and mauves.
4. Dried Flowers
Another wedding flower trend to expect is the use of dried flowers. The modern styling these days often includes neutral and earthy tones made with a combination of dried flowers as well as grasses, like wheat sheaves and stunning pampas grass. Other than that, dried flowers are an eco-friendly and more sustainable option.
5. Extreme Color
If you want to have a unique bridal style, why not consider something like bold and experimental color combinations? This wedding flower trend involves the use of plenty of colors. With a nod back to the 70s, you may think of emerald green, electrifying pink, sunshine orange, cherry red, powder blue, and so on.
This wedding flower trend will break with the past and the tradition as it’ll show character and strength. It also reflects vibrancy, fun, and intense emotions.
Some of the flower choices for this trend include hot-colored roses, gloriosa, gerberas, bearded iris, and caladium leaves.
7. The Comeback Of 80s And 90s Flowers
One of the wedding flower trends for 2021 includes the comeback of 80s and 90s flowers. This upcoming year, what’s old will be new again. For this reason, the outdated flowers that were once a staple in the 80s and 90s homes are becoming more popular in weddings these days.
Some of the flowers that have regained popularity are:
- Carnations – Some people consider it as an unfavorable filler, but their sweet colors and texture have couples and florists looking at them in a new light. In fact, these flowers are becoming a staple of garlands and hanging floral installs.
- Baby’s Breath – Back in the 80s, this was a staple for wedding bouquets, but it’s not your mother’s baby’s breath. Some florists give this flower a modern makeover by painting it. These days, baby’s breath is better with its delicate and whimsical structure.
- Ferns – This 2021, expect to see different kinds of ferns from potted plants to accent pieces of wedding bouquets.
- Anthurium – This flower is known for its unique look and often appeared in the homes of your older relatives. Anthurium is also common in offices during the 80s and 90s. While it stands out, this flower comes in a range of colors, works with modern designs, tropical displays, and has a perfect place in a romantic bouquet.
Wedding flowers play an important role in your theme as they show your unique and exceptional style. They’re not just nature’s way of saying everything will be alright, but they’re also opulent and beautiful.
Flowers also tie every element of any wedding. They can be carried by the bride, make the venue more colorful and warmer, and couples can marry under the floral canopies. So, when planning your big day, make sure to keep these wedding flower trends for 2021 in mind!