What To Do In Los Angeles
As a third-generation Angeleno and the director of public relations at Four Seasons Hotel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills, I have created a list of my favorite things to do in LA for Viva Glam readers.
- My favorite part of Los Angeles is the seaside community of Malibu. I enjoy having a casual lunch at Malibu Farm restaurant at the Malibu Pier over the water, or a more decadent lunch or early dinner at Nobu Malibu, watching the waves crash below. They both have delicious vegan options as well, such as the Vegan Cobb Salad at Malibu Farm or the Artichoke Salad (minus the cheese), miso eggplant and Veggie Sushi Roll at Nobu. For a fun dinner, I recommend the Greek restaurant Taverna Tony’s where they have belly dancers on weekends.
- For art and cultural activities, I recommend the Getty Villa in Malibu, with artifacts and art from ancient Greece and Rome, and going to the Hollywood Bowl for concerts during the summer.
- I love shopping at Malibu Country Mart and the nearby posh Malibu Lumber Yard, at Intermix, Alice + Olivia, James Perse and Vince, and shopping on Melrose Avenue at Theory, Helmut Lang, and Diane von Furstenberg.
- I recommend taking a scenic walk on Ocean Avenue at Palisades Park in Santa Monica, starting from the Ocean Towers towards the Pier, and then going down the stairs to the beach by Montana Avenue along the coast and finishing with the rigorous Santa Monica stairs.
- As I follow a plant-based diet, I love the gourmet vegan restaurant Crossroads, owned by Moby, Travis Barker, Ellen DeGeneres and other celebrities, and the vegan Mexican restaurant Gracias Madre, boasting the most beautiful patio. I also enjoy dining at Café Gratitude in Venice, the vegan sushi restaurant Shojin in Culver City, as well as Culina, Modern Italian and Cabana Restaurant at Four Seasons Hotel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills, which have a large range of healthy items, as well as the most delicious vegan ice cream on the planet from Stella’s Best!
- Maha Yoga in Brentwood is my favorite studio for high energy yoga with great music. I always take Steve Ross or Tom Morley’s class on Saturday or Sunday mornings.
- The Diamond Youth Facial at the Spa at Four Seasons Los Angeles is the best for keeping skin youthful and glowing. This facial uses the SilkPeel Machine providing Dermalinfusion with a diamond tip and Innovative Skincare’s new patented Youth Serum.
- I enjoy hiking in Mandeville or Topanga Canyon with sweeping views of the hills and ocean beyond. I really loved climbing into the heart shaped cave at the top of Eagle Rock Trail in Topanga Canyon.
- For cocktails, I recommend going to Chateau Marmont or the members-only Soho House in West Hollywood. I also like Casa Del Mar or Shutters on the Beach in Santa Monica.
- For the best hair stylist, I recommend Angelica Curiel at Giuseppe Franco Salon in Beverly Hills.