It is hardly a secret that the key to successfully accomplishing one goal after another is staying motivated. There are, of course, daily tasks which you may not like at all, yet you find motivation to complete. Here are some funs ways to keep yourself motivated so you can achieve your short and long term goals and dreams.
1. Vision board: Create a picture themed vision board of your goals. All you need is 2 simple items. A cork board and some pins for the cork board. Cut out images of your goals and dreams and pin them on the corkboard. You can even use fun bright motivational words from magazines to pump you up. Put this somewhere that you can see it every day. It will remind you what you’re working so hard for.
2. Wish jar: This January write a list of goals and dream you wish to accomplish on post it notes. Fold them up and put them in the jar. You can add more notes throughout the year. Then when New Year’s Eve comes around, open the jar and read what you wrote throughout the year to see what awesome things came true.
3. Track your progress: Find a website that tracks your goals progress. There are so many great websites that will track your progress whether it is weight loss, run a marathon, or balancing money.
4. Write a blog: Write about your dreams and goals. It is like a virtual diary for everyone to see. For example: You said you were going to compete in a fitness competition, tell everyone on your blog, take pics, write down your measurements, snap pictures of your meals, ect. till you reach your goal. Day by day of your progress is sure to get you there.
5. Stay educated: Take a class or read a book about your goal. This is a great way to stay on track. This way you are keeping with your craft and learn something new about it.
Disappointments and failures happen to everyone. The difference between those who reach their goals and those who don’t is staying motivated. If you’re motivated, you will keep going. If you keep going, eventually you will reach your goal.