Fashion blogging advice from the ultimate blogger #girlboss
In 2011, Instagram was only a year old. It wasn’t the ultimate photo app that it is today and the hub of choice for aspiring and leading fashion bloggers alike. This was also the year that Christine Andrew started her blog Hello Fashion and now it’s one of the most popular blogs in the country.
Known most for her combination of high and low fashion, functional glamour, and mom style, Christine Andrew is the personification of #lifegoals as she posts her family vacation photos from Santorini one day and couple photos of her and her blogger husband the next.
Christine Andrew is a role model for fashionistas and entrepreneurs alike and is one of Instagram’s most beloved fashion experts. She talks with us about wardrobe staples, how she manages her social media presence, and why working alongside her husband is the perfect choice for her.
Q&A with Christine Andrew of Hello Fashion
As a working woman, mother, and a blogger, what tips do you have for busy women who still want to look effortlessly chic?
Invest in a versatile, timeless wardrobe. Neutrals and one-and-done pieces like dresses or jumpsuits are your best friend when you are busy and don’t have time to worry about what to wear. Structured, easy-to-wear pieces like shirt dresses and tailored blazers are simple and sleek and will get you just about anywhere. Stick to neutrals for your core staples so you have more versatility to mix and match to cut your morning “what to wear” dilemma down to a minimum.
What are your key items in your closet? Should every women have these staples or are these more particular to you? If so, what staples do you recommend?
- A good blazer – a structured blazer is a staple layer that you will wear all year long.
- A classic/sexy nude pump – my nude Louboutins are probably the shoes I wear the most!
- Every girl should own pair of sneakers that they don’t just save for the gym. Sneakers are a great way to give a sporty look to your outfit.
- A designer bag – a designer handbag doesn’t always have to mean draining your bank account. Whether you are investing in a Rebecca Minkoff or a Celine, a nice bag is something you will use forever and that will elevate the rest of your look.
- Your spin on a LBD – every girl needs that little black dress she can slip into that makes her feel like a million bucks. Find one the plays up your favorite feature, whether it’s a flirty off-the-shoulder, sexy slip dress, or your go-to mini dress to show off your legs.
- Denim jacket – A denim jacket is one of the easiest layers to transition between seasons. It’s a great piece to throw on with your joggers while traveling or over a summer dress.
- Long sleeve striped top – No closet is complete without stripes! I wear my long-sleeve striped tees year-round. During the summer, I like to tie it off around waist to give texture to my outfits and it’s a must-have for layering during fall and winter.
24,706 total views, 0 views today