Dry hair often looks dull and brittle, lacking natural volume, density, and shine. Without proper dry hair care, split ends quickly appear, and the hair loses its well-groomed appearance. In this case, you need to know in detail why your hair can look dry, what the best treatment for dry hair is, and how hair serum and other products can help you return your curls to life.
Why Hair Becomes Dry?
The problem of dryness worries a significant number of women, but not everyone knows why it occurs. In most cases, the hair lacks nutrition: the bigger the length, the fewer nutrients reach and remain at the ends. For this reason, those who are proud of long hair are much more likely to have problems with dryness than those with pixies.
Among other causes of dryness, the following are distinguished:
· Unbalanced diet
· Violation of the drinking regime (lack of water)
· Adverse weather conditions
· Lack of sleep
· Improperly selected comb that injures the hair
· Regular coloring with permanent dyes
· Frequent hot styling
· Salted or chlorinated water used for washing
Many of us think about dry damaged hair treatment. To begin with, it is worth minimizing the effect of negative factors that led to dryness. Next, it is important to choose high-quality and efficient hair treatment for dry and frizzy hair for active nourishing, moisturizing, and restoring it.
How to Take Care of Dry Hair Type?
For proper and effective dry hair care, an integrated approach is required. Pay attention to all of the following points.
Choice of shampoo and other hair products for damaged hair
It is important to select high-quality shampoos, conditioners, and hair serum for dry hair with natural ingredients to get the desired effect. Pay special attention to the composition — vegetable oils and extracts are important for dry hair care:
· For cleansing, it is best to use shampoos with a mild detergent base, which gently cleanses. They effectively remove skin sebum, styling residues, and other impurities without over-drying. Such products are ideal for the prevention of dryness and regular care of this type of hair.
· The choice of a quality conditioner is also important – it must be used after each washing. Such a tool influences the hair along the length and removes tangles, greatly facilitates combing, and makes the strands more manageable and moisturized.
Keep in mind that conditioners and shampoos with similar active ingredients complement each other well and give the maximum caring effect in the case of hair treatments for damaged hair.
How to wash and style it?
Try to minimize the frequency of washing and hot styling. Due to exposure to high temperatures, even healthy hair quickly becomes dry and more susceptible to brittleness. Every time you use a hair dryer, curl, or flat the hair, be sure to apply special heat protectants to minimize damage from such styling.
When washing, use only warm and cool water. When rinsing with hot water, the strands quickly dry out, become brittle and lifeless, and the sebaceous glands provide an excessive amount of sebum. No wonder the hair becomes oily at the roots and over-dried along the length.
Proper nutrition and vitamins
First of all, you need to use oil masks regularly. To do this, apply pure oils (coconut, argan, almond) to the entire length of the hair and roots for 30-60 minutes before washing. Thanks to fatty acids in the basis of oils, hair retains moisture better and becomes softer and smoother. The same can be said about hair serum for dry hair.
However, solely cosmetics will not help here. If the hair is still dry, you need to think about the dry scalp treatment and also reconsider the diet. If your hair has become dry and brittle, you need to replenish the balance of vitamins and minerals in your everyday menu:
1. Include unrefined oils rich in healthy fats, nuts, fatty fish, and avocados.
2. Add foods rich in vitamin A and zinc.
3. Follow the drinking regime (the norm is 1.5-2 liters of pure non-carbonated water per day).
4. Eat less sweet and salty foods.
It is better to diversify the diet with dishes with fish and seafood if you are not allergic to them. Also, do not forget about vegetables and fruits, especially oranges, pumpkin, and cabbage. Remember about cereals, for example, rice, buckwheat, or oatmeal. Actually, cereals contain vitamins that give hair shine.
Everything You Need to Know About Dry Hair Treatment
Dry hair needs enhanced nutrition, so pamper it with masks at least 2-3 times a week, and such type of dry damaged hair treatment is welcome more often. It will be useful to use the following:
· Nourishing masks.
· Moisturizing – saturate the hair with moisture.
· Reconstructive – thanks to vitamins, panthenol, and keratins, they restore hair and make curls more lively, shiny, and obedient.
· Masks for adding shine – in addition to vitamins and keratins, they contain derivatives of silicone or cyclodimethicone, which glue the split ends and close the hair scales, turning the disheveled and dull hair into smooth and shiny curls.
All masks are applied to damp hair and slightly dried with a towel. It is not recommended to apply them to the roots and scalp so as to make hair oily too fast.
However, if shampoos, conditioners, and masks do not help or the result is not as noticeable as you would like, it makes sense to turn to salon procedures. For example, make hair lamination – the effect will be noticeable immediately!
You can also apply one of the types of lamination – shielding, glazing, etc. Their essence is that a special vitamin composition is applied to the hair, which envelops it and seals the cuticle, acting as a protective film. Curls become smooth and obedient, less split and broken, and easier to comb and style.
At first, hair treatment for dry and frizzy hair may seem complicated, but when you choose proper products, everything will become easier. You will need some time to turn your hair back to life, but the result is worth doing it.