If we were to point out the basic and essential pieces that every woman should have in her wardrobe, the little black dress would definitely be on the top of our list! Having a little black dress for any occasion is a must! So, we would like to introduce some of the most essential and important style tips and tricks on how to wear a little black dress.
Wearing the Right Little Black Dress
The main question that you need to consider when picking your LBD is the vision you want to present while wearing it. For instance, take the iconic image of Audrey Hepburn in the movie “Breakfast at Tiffany’s”. This is one of the most flawless and ideal representations of the LBD that we can think of. To match this image, you just need to pair your minimalistic black dress with some pearls, pearl earrings, and a pair of black delicate shoes, finishing with a small clutch.
Other things to think about when creating your ideal “image” include:
• If you opt for an evening look, add a shiny hair accessory to it. It can be a brooch, for instance, and you will get a luxurious and fabulous look.
• Adding black sunglasses and a black hat to your LBD you will get an ideal look for walks around the city or shopping.
• If you put on a bright-colored jacket, you will have a perfect office look.
• Talking about office looks, we can also recommend matching your LBD with a small suit jacket and even a bolero jacket. For contrast, you can pick a bright scarf.
• If an LBD is used as a part of your dress code, you need to pick heels for it.
• If you plan to put on your LBD for a walk around the city, then opting for comfy shoes is the first thing you need to consider. Thus, going for moccasins and a faux leather jacket will be ideal.
• As for hats, wide-brim alternatives are the most suitable options in this respect. This will create the feel of mystery, elegance, and a level of chic. You can also have a ribbon around the hat or an additional accessory on it. The color of the ribbon or the accessory should match the shade of your handbag. Black or ombre sunglasses will be ideal for matching this look.
So, there you have our basic tips that you need to take into account when picking a little black dress for any occasion.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: