Ok, so it’s still winter time and you are not feeling motivated for a workout. It’s cold outside; you feel tired, and working out is the last thing you want to do. Here are some of my personal tips to warm up and stay motivated during the winter months.
1. Do your workout first thing in the morning. By doing your workout right when you get up, this will give you more energy throughout the day and it frees you from the excuse “I am too tired”.
2. Layout your workout clothes the night before. By laying out your clothes, this is a visual clue to remind yourself to work out right when you wake up.
3. Set your alarm clock to music. Most of us use our phones as alarm clocks. Instead of setting your phone to an annoying buzz, set it to a fun workout song that will lift your spirits to motivate you right out of bed.
4. Create heat. Set the thermostat to warm your bedroom an hour before your alarm goes off. That way your room will be nice and cozy you won’t want to stay in bed.
5. If your workout is outside in the cold. Dress warm and wear layers. As soon as you warm up, you can strip off articles of clothing to accomodate your workout.
6. Do your workout at home. Too cold to workout outside or drive to and from the gym? No worries, just pop in a DVD, move some furniture and workout right in the comfort of your own home.
That’s my top tips to staying motivated this winter. Stay warm!