Has pursuing the perfect messy hair look only landed you with a hot mess of a hair-do? You already
know that there is a very thin line between sexy messy hair and the hair that transforms into a total disaster. To achieve the perfect combo and the ultimate messy hair look, you need two things: a great
haircut and an excellent hair product.
The first does not require much ingenuity; just add some layers in the cut you already have (particularly if it is straight) and that will give more body and lightness to your mane.
The second, but no less important, comes with a product that can help you take care of your hair; go for something like this Color Wow bionic tonic, made with coconut oil, that’s able to strengthen the hair fiber and therefore, your complete look .
If you prefer it to have it down and let the messy waves flow free, then you should check out the following steps:
- Wash and condition your hair the day before as you usually do. The secret to this perfect messy do is that it looks better if the hair is healthy and hydrated.
- Use a heat protector and proceed to dry the hair face down with a diffuser, drawing your fingers through your hair to get more volume.
- Divide your hair in strands, braid or twist each one, and apply some tonic. Hair dry with the diffuser for a few minutes. When the hair is cold, slowly release the waves and give some definition to the tips with wax, or some other cruelty-free hair product.
Going for an up-do? This style is very flattering for round faces, but if you want to wear a low-tail, this disheveled look can also work perfectly for you. If you have very smooth hair, you should have texturizing products on hand that will give it more volume.
- After the texturizing product, let the hair dry for a few minutes. Twist your hair with your hands to give it more body and texture.
- Do not brush with a comb, instead brush through with your fingers. Tie your hair in a high ponytail.
- Finally, look in a mirror and make any final adjustments, such as enhancing the volume or fixing the shape with a finishing spray.
With these tips, you will be on your way to mastering the perfect messy ‘do!
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: