It seems like everybody these days is drinking green drinks. Kale, spinach, celery, avocado, chard, collard greens. Thank goodness it seems that the world is catching on! But it is important to vary your vegetables and mix it up to ensure that your body gets all the nutrients it needs. Personally I have to steer away from raw cruciferous vegetables like spinach, kale, brussels sprouts, bok choy and cabbage. Living with auto immune disease triggered a hypo thyroid disorder and these types of vegetables can potentially be goitrogenic. They contain enzymes that interfere with the thyroid hormone in people with iodine deficiency and most people in the United States are indeed deficient in iodine.
I want to avoid anything that can possibly make my condition worse, so no more
green drinks made with cruciferous vegetables for me. Although cooking these vegetables significantly reduces the danger, I still eat them in moderation. I used to drink green drinks so often because I thought they were good for me but it just goes to show you that not everything is good for everybody. Interesting thing is when I switched to red juices I felt even better! I am a big fan of E3 green algae and have been taking that for almost a decade. Wheetgrass is another source of green for me that I take daily but even without all the kale and spinach I still feel super charged and have my Golden glow! One of the main ingredients in red juices are beets. They truly are a magical vegetable that is often looked past. Heres some reasons why beets are so amazing.
* Beets are high in folic acid, fiber, potassium, and magnesium. Loaded with vitamin B and iron which is particularly great for woman.
* Beets are considered a natural, instant source of energy.
* Beets are great for your liver. They help cleanse and purify your blood, boosting your immune system and decreasing your risk of cancer.
* Beets contain betaine and trytophan which help relieve depression and relax the mind to give a sense of well-being. Therefore they could lower your blood pressure.
* Beets are considered to be an aphrodisiac, dating back to the Roman times. It contains high amounts of boron, which increases sex hormones!
* Beets have been used to cure boils, abscesses, acne and even tumors! There is something called “beet therapy” that doctors use to treat people with blood diseases and leukemia.
Incorporate making “red drinks” into your week. Alternating fruits and vegetables each day is the best way to ensure proper nutrition and receive all the benefits of each food.
Red Juice Recipes
Beet, carrot, apple, lemon, ginger and aloe optional.
Beet, cucumber, pineapple and ginger.
Experiment and get creative with adding beets into your diet.
A traditionally loved dish in Poland, Russia,Germany and other Easter European countries called Borscht, is made with beets. It has other vegetable as well but beets are a
to give it its rich red color. This hearty soup is a staple in European house holds similar to our chicken noodle soup in America.
For more tips follow my blog www.thegoldensecrets.org