3 1/2 cups organic oats (gluten-free, if needed)
1/2 cup organic hemp seeds
1/2 cup organic chia seeds
1/4 cup organic flaxseeds (freshly ground)
3/4 cups organic almonds
(freshly ground in tiny pieces)
1/2 cup organic raw honey
(or other liquid sweetener for vegan)
1/2 cup organic applesauce (for an all-raw version simply make your own by processing fresh apples into a sauce)
3/4 cups organic almond butter
1/2 cup organic coconut oil
1 1/2 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
1) Put flaxseeds into a coffee grinder and grind into a powder. Set aside.
2) Put almonds into a food processor and process until they are in tiny pieces. Set aside.
3) In a large bowl, mix all dry ingredients together (oats, hemp seeds, chia seeds, ground flax seeds, ground almonds and coconut, if used)
4) In a medium sized bowl, mix all wet ingredients together (raw honey or other liquid sweetener, applesauce, almond butter, melted coconut oil and vanilla extract).
5) Take the wet ingredient mixture and combine in the large bowl with the dry ingredients and stir until well combined, using your hands if needed.
6) Put the mixture in an 8 x 8 glass baking dish and press the mixture firmly.
7) Put in the refrigerator or freezer to chill or until the mixture is firm.
8) Cut into even size bars or smaller sized squares.
Keep in refrigerator until ready to serve because they will get soft if left out at room temperature.