Who doesn’t love chocolate and a creamy nut combination together? This recipe taste way better than the actual candy and is so much better for you. Be careful though, they are pretty addicting!
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil, in liquid form
- 1 Tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 2 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- Nut butter of choice (I use almond butter for this recipe)
- Combine the first 3 ingredients in a bowl and whisk until smooth, to create the chocolate mixture.
- Fill 3 mini-cupcake liners with enough chocolate to cover the bottom (about a teaspoon).
- Place the bottom layer in the freezer for a few minutes to harden.
- Once the bottom layer is solid, it’s time to add a dollop of your favorite butter. Use enough nut butter for a creamy center, but try to keep it in the middle.¨ so that the chocolate you pour on top will cover the sides.
- Cover the nut butter with the remainder of your raw chocolate, then place in the freezer to set. The chocolate should be solid in just 10 minutes, but for a truly solid center, waiting 4-6 hours is recommended.
- Store any extras in the freezer, and serve chilled.