Sleeping in your makeup isn’t really the best idea. So, it’s key to remove your makeup before your head hits your pillow. Having good make-up removers on hand could translate to a treat-yourself moment at the end of your day. So, if you are willing to keep up with a green beauty plan, a natural and gentle make-up remover can be a great solution.
Not removing make-up can be excessively damaging to our skin. Makeup can clog your pores, so some skincare products can help you to eliminate any impurities. However, going non-natural can have its side effects, as well. So, here are some natural alternatives that will work just as well as any product that comes from the cosmetic industry conglomerate.
This method is exactly what it seems: clean your face with oil. This DIY makeup remover can be the simplest of them all. It sounds weird, but cleansing your face with oil can actually dissolve the excess grease in your pores.
Popular oils used for cleansing include castor and olive oil, but with a little experimentation, other oils may work well for your skin. Sunflower, safflower, avocado and coconut oils can also do wonders.
Try one of the following recipes to decide which oils are suitable for your skin:
Oily: 1/3 castor oil or hazelnut oil to 2/3 olive or sunflower.
Normal: 1/4 of castor or hazelnut oil and 3/4 of olive or sunflower.
Dry: Any nutritious oils such as olive oil, or a very small amount of castor oil. Try some hazelnut in it, too.
To use the oil cleansing method as a makeup remover:
- Use the amount of oil that you consider prudent and massage your face for one or two minutes. (It is not necessary to pre-wash or for your skin to be wet).
- Soak a clean cloth in very hot water and drain it before placing it on your face. Put it on your face for about a minute.
- Give your skin a wipe with the clean side of the fabric and let the thin layer of remaining oil penetrate your skin.
The key is to combine aloe vera gel with a couple of ingredients that will nourish your skin and will help you to remove makeup and impurities. If you want to try this, follow these simple steps:
- In a small container, combine equal parts aloe vera gel and raw honey. Then, add two tablespoons of the oil of your choice for each cup of cleanser.
- Use an immersion blender to combine the ingredients until has a pasty texture. Store in an airtight container, and be sure to keep your cleanser in the refrigerator, especially if it contains fresh, preservative-free aloe vera.
- Then, take a small amount of the cleanser to remove your makeup by massaging it on the skin for one or two minutes before rinsing it with cold water.
This is one of the best methods to remove makeup naturally. Thanks to its nourishing properties, almond oil is recommended in case your skin tends to dryness.
- Use 5 drops of almond oil and pour several drops on a cotton ball.
- Apply it on your face and neck.
- Remove the oil with water and finish it by applying some moisturizer.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: