2 cans cannellini white beans, drained
1 large sweet potato, baked/peeled/mashed (about 2 cups)
2 Tbsp. tahini
2 tsp. maple or agave syrup
1 tsp. Cajun seasoning
1/4 cup quinoa flour
1 scoop of Sun Warrior Natural Protein Powder (acts as binder)
coconut oil for pan
1. Bake sweet potato. Peel, place in large mixing bowl.
2. Add drained beans to mixing bowl. Mash beans and potato together.
3. Mash in seasoning, flour, Sun Warrior protein powder, and any additional seasoning. Your mixture will be quite soft and moist. But you should be able to form a patty. (Add more flour or a scoop of bread crumbs to thicken the mixture if needed.)
4. Heat 1 tsp. coconut oil in a pan over high heat.
5. Form a patty from mixture and coat in Panko crumbs. Then drop the patty in the pan. Cook until browned on both sides. You could also bake. If baking, use less Panko.
6. Transfer cooked patties to paper towel. Cool for a few minutes.
7. Serve on toasted bun (or no bun) with lots of your favorite nutritional toppings.
Makes 7-8 large patties