Store-bought deodorants contain chemicals, like parabens, that can have negative effects on your health. Aside from that, they may also cause skin irritations which could make your perspiration worse. For these reasons, homemade deodorants are now gaining popularity. Aside from being natural, they also offer many perks. So, how can you make homemade deodorant?
Benefits of Homemade Deodorant
Natural or homemade deodorants can offer a ton of benefits, including the following:
- It helps prevent sweat.
- It doesn’t clog your pores.
- It doesn’t cause skin irritation.
- It allows you to save some money.
How to Make Homemade Deodorant?
- Shea Butter
- Coconut Oil
- Baking Soda
- Corn Starch
- Arrowroot Powder
- Tea Tree Oil
- Deodorant Containers
1. The first step in making a homemade deodorant is to measure or weigh your main ingredients, which are 3/4 oz. of beeswax, 2/4 oz. of shea butter, and 2 oz. of coconut oil. Afterward, place the ingredients into a large measuring cup.
2. The next step is to place the measuring cup with the ingredients in a saucepan with a couple of inches of water. You have to make sure to use a low heat setting. From there, allow the water to simmer until all the ingredients have melted.
3. Once melted, you can remove the measuring cup from the saucepan. Then, add 1/4 cup of arrowroot powder, 2 Tbsp. of corn starch, and 2 Tbsp. of baking soda into the measuring cup.
4. The next step is to stir until all the ingredients. Then, add a few drops of tea tree oil into the mixture. If tea tree oil is unavailable, you can also use other essential oils, like lavender, eucalyptus, and lemongrass.
5. Finally, you can transfer the mixture into the deodorant containers and let it sit until the mixture hardens. Typically, this homemade deodorant will remain solid at normal room temperature.
Today, more and more people are using homemade deodorants because of the many advantages they offer. Aside from being health-friendly, natural deodorants are also cheaper. As such, you’ll be able to save some money. Best of all, making your deodorant is easy, and you’ll be able to make it in about 15 minutes.
Keep in mind that switching from a store-bought deodorant to a homemade deodorant will take a couple of days. Before using homemade deodorants, you should stop using any deodorants for a few days. Additionally, you should also wash your armpits daily and exfoliate them weekly to remove the toxins. After a couple of deodorant-free days, you can now enjoy the many perks of your homemade deodorant.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: