You may not be aware that more than 50 muscles make up the structure of your face, and that their fitness can have a profound effect on the appearance of your face. You can tone your facial muscles just as you tone the other muscles in your body. Facial exercises can have a significant impact on your appearance and may even eliminate the need for plastic surgery. In just 5 minutes a day, you can actually combat the effects of aging!
Too much sun, smoking, degradation of collagen layers and poor skin care all contribute to sagging facial muscles. Facial gymnastics, if done on a regular basis, can treat a variety of concerns, from “empty”-looking cheekbones, jowls and relaxed eyelids to wrinkles and impaired elasticity. Imagine a facial gym that uses only the muscles you have on your face. No special equipment or location is required .Æ just some diligence and perseverance.
Did you know the smile works more than 25 facial muscles? So smile! The small but important risorius muscle is found in the corner of your mouth and, if well stimulated, can correct a drooping mouth. It also stimulates the muscles mid-face, thereby inflating your cheeks. And nothing is more fresh and young as well-accentuated cheekbones.
Talking points for
5-Minute Facial Workout:
- The first signs of aging are wrinkles in the skin. These are accentuated by facial movements and expressions that are repetitive and unconscious.
- As a result of gravity and slacking muscles, the skin on the face will also sag.
- By working the muscles on the face, facial gymnastics help to counter sagging and withering tissue.
- Working the muscles on your face on a regular basis is so effective, it is recommended by the medical profession.
- These practices are suitable for both men and women of all ages.
- Over time, muscle fibers loosen and stretch, lengthening up to 50%.
- There are more than 50 muscles on your face, so working on them will end with remarkable results.
- Working the muscles in your lower ace helps life your features, refine your skin, sculpt your cheeks, plump up your lips and firm the skin around your neck.
- Exercising muscles in the middle of your face will improve facial structure, pull up the cheekbones, round out the cheeks and prevent the formation of crow’s feet and nasolabial folds.
- Working on the upper face helps to relax your eyelids, prevents frown lines and supports the skin of your forehead and temples, which is essential in maintaining muscle tone in all of your features.
- At 50, due to age, the force of gravity and hormone loss, the skin renews itself twice as slowly as at age 20.
- Did you know, men’s skin is 20-25% thicker than women’s?
- Male hormones prevent premature wrinkling.
- Repeated daily shaving helps men rid their skin of dead cells, thus encouraging cell renewal.
- In the end, however, men tend to catch up with women when it comes to wrinkles (sorry, guys!).
is an author of The 5-Minute Facial Workout
book (available on Amazon.com) and is an ardent believer in natural beauty and has taught her facial gymnastics method for many years. She knows that muscles have a significant role in the architecture of the body as well as the face.