Want to help rid your body of junk that’s holding you back from feeling and looking great? Then this detox salad is what your body ordered.
Swapping out toxic foods for foods that have a cleansing effect is a step in the right direction. Most people have no idea how good they could feel until their body has eliminated some of the toxins. If you’ve been struggling with weight loss and getting in a reasonable amount of exercise, this might help. No matter how healthy you are, you have toxins in your body. Toxins are in the air we breathe, the food we eat and the water we drink. It’s unavoidable, but you can prevent it by eating foods that detox your body on a daily basis.
- 1 head broccoli
- 1/2 head cauliflower
- 1 grapefruit chopped
- 1 cup chopped pineapple
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1/2 red bell pepper chopped
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 4 tbsp. fresh lemon juice, to taste
1. In a food processor (or chop by hand) processes the broccoli (no stems) until fine. Add into large bowl.
2. Now process the cauliflower (no stems) until fine and add into bowl with broccoli. Do the same with the carrots, red bell pepper.
3. Puree the avocado and add to mix.
4. Stir in the sunflower seeds, grapefruit, pineapple, and parsley.
5. Mix everything well in the large bowl.
6. Add lemon juice to taste.
Drink with dandelion root tea.