How do you celebrate the 4th of July? Perhaps a good old-fashioned barbecue, picnic, and a parade? This year, after your celebration with friends and family, why not take some time out to have an .≤independent’ celebration? According to sex therapist and relationship expert Mary Jo Rapini, “Masturbation has been a part of human history as long as we have been human, and it is a useful activity that provides many benefits to both the individual and relationships as well.”
Below are 5 tips on how “flying solo” might help you create some major fireworks of your own this 4th of July!
- Self-loving can bring a multitude of health benefits. Whether relieving tension or reducing insomnia, chemicals produced during orgasm can help alleviate depression, relieving premenstrual tension and cramps for females, or helping prevent the development of prostate cancer in guys. Some self lovin’ a day can keep the doctor away!
- It gives you the opportunity to concentrate on your own pleasure without being too worried about your partner’s needs.
- It’s a great time to practice fantasizing. Share your fantasies with your partner or keep them to yourself. Bottom line: fantasizing is a great way to prime the pump for your heart and passion to soar. Don’t be afraid to push the envelope a little! There’s no judgment in the world of imagination.
- Independent love increases the frequency of the big “O” .¨ women who regularly reach orgasm through masturbation will more easily achieve orgasm with their partner.
- Pleasuring yourself makes you more comfortable with your own body and in turn gives you the power to teach your partner how to guarantee a bang in the bedroom every time! Take the time to learn how your body performs, then share what you have learned with your partner. During your independent celebration, try Wet Platinum or Replens Silky Smooth personal lubricant .¨they are premium long-lasting, super slick lube that never dries up or gets sticky, long-lasting enough to allow you to find your pleasure trail.
We encourage you to create your own fireworks this 4th of July!