CoolSculpting is a non-invasive medical treatment that eliminates unwanted fats by freezing and killing fat cells underneath the skin. It’s an FDA-approved safe and effective procedure that is performed only by well-versed and licensed practitioners. Candidate patients must undergo several treatments to see visible desired results.
While results vary for every patient, how often should you repeat the procedure? Is it safe for anyone to do it immediately sooner than two weeks to achieve optimum results? Are there side effects or risks with the procedure?
Is It Safe To Repeat CoolSculpting Treatment Sooner Than 2 Weeks?
The fat-freezing technology known to many as CoolSculpting or cryolipolysis can be the perfect solution for people who have stubborn unwanted fats that are not eliminated with a consistent diet and frequent exercise. While it’s a non-surgical procedure, finding a licensed and expert practitioner is vital to the success of this treatment.
CoolSculpting is a low-risk treatment with no risk of getting infected. The procedure doesn’t require patients to be anesthetized or sedated as it’s non-invasive and quick. You can check this website: https://njcenterforcoolsculpting.com/, as they have been one of the top-rated CoolSculpting practitioners recommended for their outstanding service alongside the process.
For people who have been tried this treatment or those planning to do so, there are some essential factors that you need to consider. First, the benefits that it offers, the procedure, and what to expect.
Repeating the procedure in the same area requires a minimum of 30 days before the next session. While the process is non-surgical, you’ll need to let your body heal and clear off from the dead fat cells flush out of your body first. This process may take one to four months to see your desired results.
Immediately jumping again after less than two weeks won’t help your body heal, or the second procedure is highly effective. To enable better treatment penetration, you need to let the previous session take over and remove dead cells first. Fat cells won’t die yet after two weeks, and repeating the treatment is considered a waste.
- Swelling and inflammation may still be present in the area.
- You’ll feel a bit swollen for a couple of weeks after treatment.
- You may still have pinkish skin after several days from the session.
- Your body requires some time to flush all dead fat cells.
- Less than a month after treatment is not advisable as it will just diminish the efficacy of the treatment.
The best way to achieve the desired results is to wait for about 8 to 12 weeks after your first session for efficacy and to save money.
Is CoolSculpting Safe And Effective?
When it comes to safety and efficacy, CoolSculpting is gaining popularity due to its permanent results. It’s FDA-approved, which means it’s a safe treatment. There are plenty of benefits you can take advantage of cryolipolysis like:
- It improves your self-esteem as you’ll see visible results of the treatment. It helps you achieve your target weight or appearance faster.
- The target unwanted fat cells are damaged and permanently destroyed, and flushing them out naturally from your body.
- No blood vessels, nerve fibers, or muscles are damaged during the procedure.
- It’s safe for all people needing a fast and non-invasive procedure of eliminating unwanted fats.
- You can immediately resume normal activities after treatment as the process doesn’t have downtime or pain to recover.
- You can perform the treatment in multiple areas during one session.
- You won’t need anesthesia or sedative to undergo this procedure.
- There is no risk or infection during treatment.
What Are The Known Side Effects And Risk With CoolSculpting
While CoolSculpting is a non-invasive procedure, there are known side effects after each session. However, these side effects will be discussed by your practitioner before the treatment. This includes:
- Sting, pain, or ache at the treated area.
- A tugging sensation is present in the treated area.
- Temporary bruising, swelling, skin sensitivity, and redness is expected after treatment.
- Rare condition of paradoxical adipose hyperplasia or enlargement of fat cells on treated site.
While this process is highly recommended for people who want to lose unwanted and stubborn fat, it’s not suitable for people suffering from obesity and being overweight. You’ll have to be in great shape before undergoing this procedure. Potential skin unevenness may be experienced once the treatment is finished.
Furthermore, you’ll need repeated sessions to achieve your desired results. In case your attending physician will require a second session, you’ll need to wait six to eight weeks before the last session before your next treatment. This allows the body to heal and remove all damage and destroy fat cells from your system.
CoolSculpting is safe and effective. However, you’ll need to allow your body to heal first before performing another session. If you’ll immediately jump into your second or follow-up session, it won’t be effective, and the treatment won’t reach your target fat cells as damaged cells are still blocking the treatment for total efficacy.