Every girl wants to look fabulous in her swim suit as she catches some rays by the pool. But with all of the shapes, sizes, styles, and colors available, it can be hard to settle on the one that’s right for you.
Here is your guide to find the perfect suit, not only for your body type, but also your sense of
style. Now get ready to rock that amazing body of yours at the beach!
A pear shape is defined as being more curvy in your hips and thighs, and smaller on top. An excellent example would be Jennifer Lopez. You want to balance your proportions, so don’t pick anything thick-banded or bulky on the bottom and
emphasize your chest.
- If your style is flirty: Opt for colors like pink and red that have ruffles on the top or a sweet print.
- If your style is sporty: Try a racerback top in a tribal print with simple bottoms.
- If your style is glam: Try a plunging neck monokini in a solid color, like black, but make sure to have fun touches like fringe towards your neckline.
When you have a large chest with ample cleavage, you need something with support. Make sure your top has an underwire and that all embellishments, ruffles, and accents are on the bottom. Tops with higher backs or those designed with adjustable straps will be both flattering and functional.
- If your style is flirty: A color-blocked halter bikini with touches of a floral pattern has just the right amount of cuteness and support.
- If your style is sporty: Try a one piece halter or thick strap suit with a fun small pattern, as large patterns will only make you look larger.
- If your style is glam: Take a cue from the 50s and go with a high-waisted bikini. You can modernize the vintage silhouette with piping details or cool patterns.
If you have a smaller chest, you don’t need as much support, but you may want to have the illusion of being more endowed. The trick is to have your detailing on the bust to make it seem like you’re larger on top. Some tips to try are to use padded push-up tops, wear triangle-shaped tops, or wearing a detailed bandeau.
- If your style is flirty: Go for a fun print such as flamingos, nautical anchors, or hearts on a matching bikini set.
- If your style is sporty: Cut-out one pieces that have neon colors are great for the beach volley ball girl. The fun tan lines you’ll get is just a plus!
- If your style is glam: Another great body to rock a high- waisted swimsuit is the small bust. Make sure the suit has an unexpected texture, edgy design element, or huge bow on the bandeau top, and then all you need is a flouncy fedora and cat eye sunglasses.
This body shape is defined as having less curves and being more straight up and down. This would be for girls with bodies like Jennifer Aniston. In this case, you would want to look for suits that enhance both your chest and hips, so embellishments or larger prints all over work very well.
- If your style is flirty: Ruffles, ruffles, and more ruffles! Go for a bandeau bikini that has ruffles on the top and bottom of the suit. To make it even more feminine add a flower print, but keep it from being too overpowering by choosing
- If your style is sporty: Triangle bikini tops with a fun trim or outline will make you appear fuller on top. Make sure the same trim detailing is also on the bottom.
- If your style is glam: Cut-outs
and tiny straps will make you feel sexy and voluptuous. Let the cutouts and the shapes do the talking, so keep the overall print and color simple.
There are ways to flaunt and cover a curvy torso without wearing a wetsuit. Look for ruching
(gathered fabric that hides bulges and can create definition), cross-body designs, and high-waisted suits.
- If your style is flirty: A
high-waisted suit is girly, timeless, and gives you an hourglass shape. Pro tip: If you wear a push-up top, it takes the focus off of your hips and also creates a longer waistline, elongating your frame.
- If your style is sporty: Cut outs are your best friend, but they have to be placed correctly. Try an interesting colorful cutout by your neck/bust area. Towards the bottom of the suit have darker colors to conceal your tummy. Color blocking adds definition and can guide the eye to your amazing curves.
- If your style is glam: A one-shoulder, one-piece suit is great. Add ruching to your midsection and the suit becomes daring, yet still classy and will make you feel like a movie star.
Curvy All Over
This body type is curvy in the hips, thighs, butt, and fuller in the bust. Your swimsuit style icon should be someone like Scarlett Johansson or Kim Kardashian. Whether you want to embrace your curves or provide coverage, you should stay away from string bikinis and monokinis. Asymmetrical suits, color-blocking, and suits with thicker straps and ties are great for your body type.
- If your style is flirty: A bustier tankini is adorable and flattering when paired with a peplum shape, pastel color, and cute print like polka dots. In this suit you’ll be sweeter than the treats served by the ice cream truck.
- If your style is sporty: Go for a high-waist bottom that hits below your belly button, and has color blocked panels. Pair those with a simple keyhole or racerback top.
- If your style is glam: Cross body v- neck one-piece suits tuck in your problem areas, give support on top, and with some color-blocking for a slimming affect, can make you look and feel like a million bucks.