Many people like zucchini. After all, this summer squash is easy to cook. Plus, it has a refreshing flavor that will surely satisfy your taste buds. Best of all, there are numerous ways to cook this delicious fruit. For instance, you can puree it to make soup or sauté it with several veggies. If you’re looking for other ways to cook this fruit, here is a zucchini recipe you will surely love.
Zucchini bread is a moist and sweet bread with grated zucchini. Some of you may think that it may have a bland flavor; however, this is a zucchini recipe you will surely love. Remember, you can make a delicious loaf filled with aroma and flavor by mixing the various ingredients of this recipe.
To make this simple yet satisfying zucchini bread, you’ll need these ingredients:
- 1 avocado (peeled, halved, seeded, and mashed)
- 1/2 cup Plant-based milk (unsweetened)
- 1/2 cup Date sugar or cane sugar
- 2 tsp. Vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. Flaxseeds (ground)
- 1 tsp. Lemon zest
- 1 1/2 cup Spelt flour
- 1/2 tsp. Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. Sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. Allspice (ground)
- 1 1/2 tsp. Cinnamon (ground)
- 1 cup Zucchini (shredded)
- 1/3 cup Walnuts (chopped)
1. The first step in making this delicious vegan bread or loaf is to preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Then, line a nonstick pan (8×4) with parchment paper.
2. The next step is to combine the mashed avocado, plant-based milk, date sugar, and flax seeds in a large mixing bowl. Then, beat the mixture with a mixer (medium speed) until the mixture is creamy and smooth. Afterward, add the vanilla and lemon zest.
3. In a separate mixing bowl, combine the other dry ingredients, including spelt flour, baking powder, baking soda, sea salt, cinnamon, and allspice. Mix all these ingredients until everything is combined.
4. Afterward, you can combine the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients until well combined. Then, you can add the grated zucchini and chopped walnuts, then mix.
5. Once all the ingredients are well combined, you can pour the batter into the pan with parchment paper. Then, bake the batter for about 60 to 70 minutes. Make sure that the top of the loaf is firm and its sides are away from the pan. You can also do a toothpick test to determine if the loaf is ready.
6. Once the loaf is cooked, let the bread sit for 30 minutes to cool down. Then, transfer the loaf to a cooling rack by lifting the parchment paper. Allow the loaf to cool down completely before serving.
As presented, this vegan recipe is simple and easy to make. Plus, it is made with healthful and flavorful ingredients. As such, this loaf is definitely a zucchini recipe you will surely love.