This quick summer dish makes a perfect vegan appetizer that friends and family of all ages can love. Enjoy this simple, grilled, and creamy bite of heaven!
2 avocado (medium size)
3.0 oz fresh corn
2.0 oz heirloom tomato
1.5 oz cucumber
1.0 oz castelvetrano olives
1.0 oz taggiasca olives
0.5 oz chive
0.2 oz lemon zest
2.0 oz corn silk
2 cups Grapes seeds Oil
0.01 oz sea salt
- Cut the avocado in half. Make a few cuts horizontally and vertically to allow salt to go through. Season them with EVOO, lemon zest, and salt. Let rest for 15 minutes at room temperature.
- Grill avocado open side down for almost 15 minutes, very slow on low heat.
- Clean the corn and save the corn silk. Boil the corn for 15 minutes, let cool down, and clean it.
- Dice the rest of the ingredients. Add them into mixing bowl and season with EVOO and salt.
- Add grapeseed oil to a small pan. Keep it at 300 degrees F and fry the corn silk for 3 to 5 seconds. Let the corn silk cool down on a paper towel.
- Stuff the avocado with the ingredients in the bowl.
- Top the avocado with fried corn silk and fresh parsley.
Buon appetito and happy summer!
Keep the avocado relatively firm and at room temperature before use.
When cleaning fresh corn, try to keep the corn silk whole, not in pieces, as it’s easier to fry.