Super SmartBurst Lifestyle Drink – Nervous System Support
The nervous system is one of the most important organ systems in the body. Modern living and modern diets are often detrimental to the nervous system. Many people in our societies are developing nervous system disorders and illnesses. I want to talk a little bit about the role of the nervous system and some common disorders. I will end by sharing our Vegan Super SmartBurst recipe that focuses on helping to heal the nervous system at the same time as also helping the circulatory system. This Super SmartBurst Lifestyle Drink is what set us on a new path in life and it’s the drink that we believe healed and restored our health.
Role of The Nervous System
The Central Nervous System (CNS) is our body’s communication and control center. It controls all mental activity including thought, memory and learning. Using a system of receptors, the nervous system detects both external (temperature, sound, light etc) and internal (blood pressure, pH, glucose levels etc) input. The brain makes decisions every second based on all of this physical informational input. The CNS has the huge responsibility of sending the appropriate signal to the appropriate muscle or gland to produce the required response. It is the nervous system that sends signals telling you to move away from a moving vehicle rather than step in front of it. This complicated organ system needs to be well fed. Eating too much or too little of a certain nutrient can have a major impact on brain chemistry. The chemicals that transfer signals between the cells of the nervous system can either stimulate the brain or calm it. This has a pronounced effect on digestion, focus, sleeping, and mood in general.
Common Neurological Disorders
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Bell’s Palsy
- Brain Tumors
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Cerebral Palsy
With a system as complicated as the CNS, one small problem can spell major consequences for the brain and the rest of the body. There are several risk factors that can lead to neurological disorders. While some of these factors can not be avoided, others can be delayed and even prevented with a highly nutritious diet. The best part about using extracted nutritional (Smoothies) is that it is a fast and easy way to get the best brain foods into the system with ease of digestion. Drinking just one good smoothie or extracted food drink daily may supply your body with the enzymes it needs to produce its feel-good chemicals!
Nutrients For Nervous System Support Smoothie
The following nutrients I am listing here have been shown to support optimum brain functioning, which can make you sharper, faster and more functional in everyday life. Researchers are also beginning to discover a strong connection between nutrition, absorption and the onset of Alzheimer’s and other forms of Dementia in aging patients. So use these foods as the base for your smoothies. You can as always experiment and mix it up a bit and add and subtract for flavor etc, but these are the main base ingredients for nervous system nourishment specifically.
- Pumpkin Seeds, Dandelion Greens– All these foods are particularly high in B vitamins which have been observed to slow the rate of brain shrinkage and the onset of Alzheimer’s in elderly patients.
- African horn melon, Kale, Pumpkin Seeds– These foods have all been shown to be rich sources of Vitamins A and E which act as powerful antioxidants through the body and have been shown to specifically prevent the accumulation of free radicals in the brain. Vitamin E may also protect the brain against the invasion of toxic proteins that contribute to the development of Alzheimer’s. (Kale a Raktasodhana used by ancient cultures to bring the body back into balance or to revitalize after a long Wintertime.)
- Avocados– This amazing superfood is a great sources of DHA Omega 3 fatty acids. Widely accepted to improve cardiovascular health, omega 3’s are frequently cited to improve overall brain health and delay the onset of neurological aging. Include the skin and the pit for more vitamins and healthy fats
- Kiwanis (African horned melon ) contains Zinc and tocopherol an antioxidant form of vitamin E important for the health of nerves and blood vessels.
- Spirulina a blue-green algae is fortified with much of the nourishment needed to sustain a person physically.
- Banana excellent source of healthy carbohydrates.
- Pumpkin Seeds for iron and amino acids.
- Tiger nut a sweet anti-inflammatory root.
- Dandelion Greens a peppery green with Hypolipidemic properties keeping the blood vessels free from plaque and other harmful materials.
- Rooibos tea promotes the extended life of telomeres the receptacles on the ends of chromosomes.
- Cucumber has a cooling effect on your body and is a Hypotensive lowering the blood pressure.
- Zucchini Green and nutritive vegetable providing Magnesium and vitamin C.
- Marigolds anti-inflammatory and is said to be legendary for combating the effects of being hit by lightning.
- Hempseed oil great source of omega-3 and omega-6.
- Frozen blueberries are considered a brain tonic.
Super SmartBurst-Nervous System Support Recipe:
- Avocado 1/2
- Horned Melon 1/2 small melon
- Spirulina 1 teaspoon
- Banana 1/2 medium banana
- Tiger Nut flour 1 tablespoon
- Dandelion Greens 1/3 cup chopped
- Kale 1/3 cup chopped
- Rooibos tea 1 tablespoon
- 1/3 cup cucumber
- 1/3 cup zucchini
- Hempseed oil 1 tablespoon
- Organic White Grape Juice 2 1/2 cups
- Frozen blueberries 1 cup
- Pumpkin seeds 1/2 cup
- Marigold Flower as garnish
About the Author:
Seth Lewis is a Chef in Las Vegas, Nevada. He’s a wellness expert with a focus on The Vegan Lifestyle. He is the co-host of the Shifting Points Podcast and the author of two books. Seth is a graduate of Le Cordon Bleu and is currently co-writing an exciting new Vegan cookbook with Michael-Blu. Seth earned the title of Master Chef after many years of exceptional culinary experience. He is now known simply as Master Chef Seth.
ALSO CHECK OUT
66,135 total views, 15 views today