Lemon Bites Recipe
SunCafé has honored us by letting us in on one of their best selling dishes. With the easy to find, simple list of ingredients, this dish is so versatile that it can be a delightful snack, or can compliment the most gourmet dinner as dessert. We love that these lemon bites are healthy, tasty, and have no sugar added. So indulging in them leaves us feeling very guilt free!
Ingredients – makes 12
1C Soft Dates, pitted (to soften dates, soak in water for 1+hours) or date paste
1C Raw shredded coconut (chef recommends Ultimate Superfoods brand)
¾C Shredded carrots or carrot pulp
¼C Lemon juice
1T Lemon zest (shredded peel)
Pinch of Sea salt
- Shred carrots in food processor.
- Add ¾ cup of shredded coconut, raisins, lemon juice, and lemon zest to shredded carrots.
- Process until mixed well, 1 – 2 minutes.
- Mash dates into a paste (skip if using date paste)
- Wrap coconut mixture around about 1/2 teaspoon date paste to gradually form into 1½” firm balls.
- Gently roll balls in remaining ¼C of shredded coconut.
- Refrigerate 1 hour.
4,167 total views, 4 views today