Is Sadness a Medical Issue? Marianne Williamson Discusses This in her New Book
Tears to Triumph: The Spiritual Journey from Suffering to Enlightenment.
Do you consider yourself depressed? Or do you feel that you’re constantly suffering with no way out? Marianne Williamson, spiritual teacher and best-selling author, argues that love and forgiveness are better solutions to suffering than any medication – that it’s best to apply spiritual solutions when it’s a spiritual disease.
Tears to Triumph might help you with your personal suffering by addressing the following issues:
- Emotional torment — why is such suffering a part of our experience? What does it mean? And how can we survive it and even transcend it?
- What is the response to suffering at the heart of all great religious teachings?
- Why is it important to be fully available to our suffering, as opposed to suppressing it or numbing it?
- Why has our suffering become a profit center for the pharmaceutical industry?
- What is the relationship between individual and collective suffering?
- What are the spiritual principles that deliver us from our pain, and how do we apply them?
Williamson has counseled patients with varied levels of depression for over three decades. She also drew upon her own grief for Tears to Triumphs. Williamson states that modern civilization has become a depressing phenomenon and hopes that we will turn to spiritual healing in order to find our path.
To learn more about the book, hear from Marianne Williamson herself.
755 total views, 3 views today