Valentine’s Day is only around the corner, so now’s the time to think about booking a romantic getaway with your partner. If you only have a weekend, there’s plenty of places where you can both enjoy a wonderful, romantic treat. Here’s a list of some of the best getaways you should book now to surprise your partner with.
- Blake’s Hotel: This hotel can boast the fact that it’s the first boutique hotel ever. Based in London, it’s full of sumptuous four poster beds, antique furniture and global curios. Come to experience the beautiful opium den style lobby and luxurious rooms, and use it as a base to explore the capital from.
- Barnsley House: Want a getaway in the Cotswolds? Try this idyllic rustic house for the best of the countryside, as well as some serious luxury. There are rooms with dramatic glass sided bathrooms, others with views into amazing gardens, and all are beautiful and inviting. Spend some time out in nature with your sweetheart.
- Prestonfield House: This Georgian manor house looks unassuming from the outside, but inside no expense is spared. Everywhere you look there is Baroque beauty. After all, as Oliver Wilde said, ‘Nothing says success like excess.’ It’s incredibly romantic, and the best place to experience the wonderful capital of Scotland.
- The Three Chimneys and The House-Over-By: Prefer your digs to be simpler? No problem. This charming hotel in the Isle of Skye has you covered. All the rooms feature a Scandinavia meets Scotland theme, using calming themes of sea, sand and stone. There’s also an excellent chef, so if you want a romantic meal this is the place to go.
- Askham Hall: This gem, set in Cumbria, is a family owned business that dates back to medieval times. There’s period features set against more unusual curios, lending the house a real unusual and contemporary feel.
- The Samling: This hotel is accessed via very steep drive, if you want to feel isolated from the rest of the world, you couldn’t do better than this hotel in the Lake District. There’s stunning views from every room, and an excellent chef in residence. The dining is very much haute cuisine here, so if you’re looking for a truly special dining experience, this is it.
- Hotel Endsleigh: This hotel found in Devon is a quirky experience, but well worth it. There’s no TV or wifi, so it’s the best place to really disconnect from the rest of the world and reconnect with your partner. Enjoy the privacy of the glades, or the architecture of this Grade 1 listed building.
- Middlethorpe Hall and Spa: This 300 year old country house has charm and wonder in spades, a perfect place to get away from it all. Try a massage together in the spa, and feel all of your cares melt away.
What are you waiting for? Book a getaway now, and surprise your lover for Valentine’s Day. They’ll love you for it!
69,145 total views, 2 views today