Want a healthy, delicious recipe without having to spend hours in the kitchen? This deliciously simple Pomegranate & Peanut Butter Toast is something you have to try! It’s so quick and easy but so so good! And so good for you, too!
Pomegranate seeds are one of the most overlooked treasures for tasty vegan recipes. They are extremely high in Vitamin C, with over 50% of your recommended daily allowance for one fruit. They are also high in the B Vitamins, they help reduce muscle cramping, and are thought to have 3x more antioxidants than green tea! I adore the sweet crunchy texture they add to this perfect, kid-friendly snack or breakfast recipe.
Opt for a rye or seeded bread with less than 5 ingredients. Any brand is fine, as long as it is dense with tons of seeds and just a few ingredients. This will help to keep you full longer, without a big blood sugar surge.
And who doesn’t love peanut butter? I, personally, am obsessed. You can use whatever nut butter you prefer here, but I think peanut butter and almond butter taste the best for this recipe. Beyond a great vegan protein source, it also has potassium to lower your risk of heart disease, fiber for a healthier digestive tract, healthy fats, powerhouse antioxidant Vitamin E, and bone-fortifying magnesium. As if we didn’t need a million other reasons to love this wonderful gooey goodness.
Whip this quick and easy recipe up for a delicious on-the-go breakfast or enjoy any time of the day! Check out more healthy and delicious recipes in my new book, The 5-Day Real Food Detox or on my blog.
- 1 slice pumpkin seed bread
- 2 tbsp raw almond or peanut butter
- 2-3 tbsp of pomegranate seeds (roughly ½ of a pomegranate)
- 1 tsp raw desiccated coconut (optional)
- Toast your bread, spread the nut butter of choice on, and add the raw pomegranate seeds.
- Add the desiccated (or flaked) coconut on top of the seeds for extra flavor.
If you need to remove the seeds from the fruit
- Cut the fruit in half.
- In a bowl, begin peeling off the skin allowing the seeds to fall to the bottom, as bits of skin will float to the top.
- Drain the water and you have lovely and fresh pomegranate seeds.
9,414 total views, 4 views today