As the winter months drag on, you may find that you’re feeling more lethargic than usual, yet you can’t get to sleep at night. You suffer mood swings, and crave sweet foods which lead to weight gain. If this sounds like you, you could be living with Seasonal Affective Disorder. The best treatment for this is natural sunlight. But depending on where you live, or the season you are living through, this may not be an option. So, the next best thing would be a SAD light box.
SAD occurs when your body struggles to maintain its circadian rhythms. This happens in the winter as you’re not exposed to enough natural daylight, especially as you’re traveling to and from work in the dark.
If you’re suffering, a SAD light box may be something you find helpful. These work by replicating the sun’s light, giving your body the exposure you need and resetting your circadian rhythms. They come in both white light and blue light versions; white lights were the first on the market, and were said to most fully replicate sunlight. Blue light, however has been shown to be more effective at doing the same job.
- Misfit Bolt Smart Bulb: This light bulb can be installed anywhere in your home, and can be controlled via an app on your phone. It displays a full spectrum of colours, so you can have it displaying a full spectrum white light, or a coloured light if you’re looking to set the mood in your home.
- Awake and Alert Bulb: This light bulb promises to help you wake up faster and stay awake during daylight hours, as well as treating SAD. Install them throughout your home, and you can fight the lethargy that comes with your disorder. You’ll be able to do more, meaning at night you’ll be ready for refreshing night’s sleep.
- Philips goLITE BLU light therapy device: This device is small, portable, and rechargeable. That means you can use it wherever you go! There’s also a timer so you can make sure you get the right amount of light every day.
- Litebook Edge Lamp: This tiny lamp is the size of a smartphone, so it can be carried around wherever you go. You can use the battery on it, or plug it into the wall for continuous power. It’s one of the most portable and easily used light boxes around.
- Ketra A20: If you take your SAD lights seriously, this is the one you want to buy. These bulbs are fully tunable, and can be calibrated to display any light in the room it’s installed in. This includes white sunlight, colours, and pastels.
SAD lights are highly portable and can be used virtually anywhere. Pick them up, take them with you, and get access to natural light wherever you happen to be. Don’t let the winter get you down! Get happy with SAD lights!
YOU MIGHT LIKE:
126,296 total views, 8 views today