FRUIT INFUSED WATER
You don't need to go to the spa to treat yourself to refreshing flavored water. All you need is some of your favorite fresh fruit and herbs along with an ice cold pitcher of water and ice. It is very easy to make and you can do it right at home. Say goodbye to boring water and hello fruity flavor!
2 cups of your favorite fresh fruit per pitcher or jar
Fresh herbs (just a couple sprigs per pitcher or jar)
2 quart pitcher or jar
Muddler or wooden spoon
Here is the basic formula for whatever fruit/herbs you use.
1. If using herbs, add a sprig of fresh herbs to jar or pitcher. Press and twist with muddler or handle of wooden spoon to bruise leaves and release flavor. Don't pulverize the herbs into bits.
2. Add approx. 2 cups of fruit to jar or pitcher. Press and twist with muddler or handle of wooden spoon, just enough to release some of the juices
3. Fill jar or pitcher with ice cubes.
4. Add water to top of jar or pitcher.
5. Cover and refrigerate for up to 2-3 days.
FUN FLAVOR COMBOS
ALL CITRUS (no herbs) -- Slice 1 orange, 1 lime, 1 lemon into rounds, then cut the rounds in half. Add to jar and proceed with muddling, add ice and water.
RASPBERRY LIME (no herbs) -- Quarter 2 limes; with your hands, squeeze the juice into the jar, then throw in the squeezed lime quarters. Add 2 cups raspberries. Muddle, add ice and water.
PINEAPPLE (no herbs) -- Add 2 cups pineapple pieces, muddle, add ice and water.
BLACKBERRY SAGE -- Add sage sprig to jar and muddle. Add 2 cups blackberries; muddle, add ice and water.
WATERMELON ROSEMARY -- Add rosemary sprig to jar and muddle. Add 2 cups watermelon cubes; muddle, add ice and water.