Or in Italian: Minestrone autunnale.
To soak up the fall, what better than to sip up a traditional fall soup?
Minestrone can be served with short pasta or rice. (Pro tip: roma rice is best!)
A few cloves of garlic
1 bunch of parsley
5 oz carrots
5 oz celery
5 oz onion
5 oz potatoes
10 oz zucchini
10 oz squash
20 oz heirloom beans
½ gal vegetable stock
Dice all vegetables to a size of ½ inch or less.
- Start with EVOO and garlic and place into a tall pot.
- Add carrots, celery, onions, and some salt. Let cook for 5 minutes.
- Keep adding the beans (precooked). Then add the squash and zucchini.
- Add salt to taste with preheated vegetable stock.
- Let cook all together for 30 minutes at medium heat.
Before serving, blend ½ cup of EVOO and 1 cup fresh parsley (only leaves) and blend for 15 seconds. Add this as a finishing touch!