Chrissy Teigen’s Intricate Oscars Braid Using TRESemmé and Conair
Chrissy Teigen walked tonight’s red carpet in a stunning, embellished Marchesa gown with her hair pulled back into an elaborate braided style created by Christian Wood using TRESemmé products and Conair tools. Christian created the undone, yet elegant look to juxtapose the glamorous, grown-up feel of the gown and keep Chrissy’s overall look youthful, yet elegant.
- Prep hair with the TRESemmé Beauty-Full Volume reverse wash system, applying the Pre-Wash Conditioner, followed by the Beauty-Full Volume Shampoo to get a great base.
- Apply the TRESemmé Beauty-Full Volume Mousse throughout the lengths of the hair, leaving the ends out, then apply the TRESemmé Beauty-Full Volume Hair Maximizer to the ends for a soft, voluminous texture.
- Using a round brush, blow dry the hair smooth with the Conair Infiniti Pro 3Q Hair Dryer for volume at the roots. PRO TIP: It’s important to use a powerful dryer when blow drying the hair to help cut the drying time in half. The Conair Infiniti Pro 3Q Hair Dryer uses 70% more air pressure, allowing for much faster drying time.
- Next, take the hair at the crown and pin it away. Take two one-inch sections on both sides of the ears and braid all the way down, while using the fingertips to rub the hair and create texture.
- Release the hair at the crown and begin to braid down the middle and combined the 5 braids in one hand and secure with an elastic. Using a handful of bobby pins, secure braids for extra hold.
- Take the lengths of the hair and create a larger braid and secure with an elastic, leaving out the ends at the bottom.
- To complete the look, pull out loose pieces around the face for beautiful, airy volume. Rub the braids with fingertips to create a soft texture and spray the finished look with TRESemmé Beauty-Full Volume Hairspray, for a hold that lasts all night but isn’t stiff or crunchy.
800,442 total views, 6 views today