It’s back to school time and parents and children are getting ready for the new school year. Back to school means getting supplies, a new wardrobe, and accessories. But busy moms want to save and still get value for their dollar. Here are some simple ways to save while shopping for your back to school items:
- Purchase in Bulk- Try buying back to school lunch items in bulk at your local warehouse store. These items can include vegetables, bread and canned drinks.
- Reusable Containers- Help to save the environment. Rather than packing a bag lunch, why not pack a meal in a reusable container that you can use throughout the year? Also, you will be saving money by not repeatedly purchasing paper or plastic bags.
- Vegan Backpacks and Clothing- Did you know that vegan materials typically cost less than leather? And they are as durable and stylish as animal products? They will last the entire school year so you will be saving long term when it comes to cost.
- Buy School Supplies at the Dollar Store- Pencils, erasers, pens, paper and art supplies such as construction paper, glue and scissors can all be purchased for a fraction of the normal price at your local Dollar Store.
- Purchase Multi-packs- Purchase multi-packs of pens, pencils and highlighters rather than single items. This will save you money in the long term, especially if you have more than one child. In most households, pens and pencils disappear quickly so purchasing multi-packs will save you a ton in the long run!