You’ll love these yummy overnight oats!
Overnight oats might be trending right now, but they’ve been been around for a long time! They are a fun, quick, and simple way to enjoy a hearty and healthy breakfast in the morning. Also, they make a terrific addition to your Sunday brunch!
They can be eaten hot and steaming for a hearty breakfast that will give you energy all morning long. Or they can be eaten as a chilled porridge as a snack anytime of the day. Kids not only love to make overnight oats, they also love to eat them! And that’s terrific when you need a healthy and nutritious meal that your kids will be begging to have.
Overnight oats don’t have to be complicated. Here is a simple recipe that you can make and modify to your liking! Oh, and it’s vegan too!
(recipe by Oh She Glows)
- 1 large ripe/spotty banana, mashed
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (optional)
- Fresh fruit
- Coconut flakes
- Pure maple syrup
- Nuts and seeds
- Banana soft serve
- In a small bowl, mash the banana until almost smooth. Now stir in the chia seeds and cinnamon until combined.
- Stir in the oats, almond milk, and vanilla (if using). Cover and refrigerate overnight, or a minimum of 2 hours.
- In the morning, stir the oat mixture to combine. If your vegan overnight oats have a runny consistency even after they soak, simply stir in an additional 1 tablespoon of chia seeds and place the mixture back in the fridge until it has thickened up. If the oat mixture is too thick, simply add a splash of milk and stir to combine.
What’s great about this recipe is that you can add just about anything you want as a topping. For your guests, lay out a variety of options such as fruits, nuts, and granola and let them pick what they want. What a fun way to start the day!
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE