There has been so much tragedy in the world lately. Personally, I have been so affected by the Sandy Hook Elementry School massacre of all those innocent children. My heart has been aching ever since I heard the awful news and I am often brought to tears throughout the day. Then you add the holidays into the mix and the feeling of being overwhelmed is evident. Trying to find peace and enjoy the holidays for what they are can be tricky with all these tragedies in the world. Here I share some of the natural ways that I use to deal with stress and crisis.
1. Rescue Rememedy. Rescue Remedy is a flower remedy that you spray into your mouth throughout the day to help relieve stress. They also have one to help you sleep, give you energy and they have ones for kids too. I alwys have one in my purse, you never know when you will need it.
2. Ignatia Amara. This is a homeopathic remedy that is used to deal with sorrow and grief. It is small pellets that you place under the tongue several times a day. Read the botteles lable for instructions.
3. Aconitum Napellus. Is another homeopathic remedy used to deal with the feeling of anxiety and distress from awful or shocking events. Read the bottels lable for instructions.
4. Kava Kava. Kava Kava is a plant in the pepper family known for it’s relaxing, sedative effects. Kava Kava has been used in the Polenesian islands for a socail and ceremonial beverage for thousnads of years. Yogi Tea makes a great “Stress Relief tea” made with Kava Kava.
5. Chamomile. Chamomile tea is one of the easiest ways to relax throughout the day. I suggest having a chamomile tea after dinner as a night cap to help you sleep.
All these natural remedies can be found at your local health food store.
*I am not a doctor. I am just sharing my personal experiences about these natural remedies. It is always wise to talk to your doctor before taking any new medicine.