10 Ways To Encourage A Workout
I love working out. I just don’t feel the same when I don’t get a good sweat in. Of course I have off days, but only to recover from the brutal work out the day before. Even though I love the way working out makes me feel I still need an extra boost of motivation some days. Here are the top ten things I do to encourage myself to workout.
1. Set a goal. Wether it be a certain size you hope to get into or an endurance goal, set one and accomplish it!
2. Download a killer playlist. I love walking and running in silence. It is one of my tools to get clear but nothing gets me more excited to run than an awesome playlist. Choose songs that are fun and fast so that you have to keep up with the tempo.
3. Get a partner to workout with. Having a partner to work out with is great support. You can inspire them or there can be days that you are pushing yourself to keep up with their regimen.
4. Make a work out plan. Make a schedule and stick to it. Pick your work out days and times and make it as important as any other appointment you would make.
5. New shoes/workout outfit. Nothing makes me want to run more than a new pair of running shoes. Something about a new pair of shoes and work out clothes makes me literally want to run to the gym. Choose bright fun colors that uplift you and get you going.
6. End your workouts on a high note. Something that you love to do like stretching or just being quiet for a couple of seconds, so that your body can absorb your workout. When you end on a positive note, your subconscious remembers that blissful feeling rather than the pain and sweat and you are more likely to want to go back.
7. Amp yourself up! Drink an energizing protein drink, black coffee or green tea to get you going. Caffeine is a great motivator and I don’t get the same workouts without a little boost in the am.
8. Inspirational pictures. Take before and after pictures. Or hang pictures of fit people who you admire to inspire you.
9. Social media. Instagram is my favorite resource for fit inspiration. There are numerous accounts with pictures, quotes,recipes,and inspiring stories that always encourage me to want to work out.
10. Strive to get out of your comfort zone. If we quit every time we felt uncomfortable we wouldn’t achieve anything.
* Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.- Jim Ryan
A suggested article:
22,058 total views, 6 views today